Recording of a complete Good Friday liturgy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stephraim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephraim

Guest
Does anyone know of a recording of the entire Good Friday liturgy, including Collects, lessons, orationes sollemnes, Ecce lignum crucis, Adoration antiphons, Pater noster, and Ecce Agnus Dei, etc.? I recently found a recording of an entire Latin liturgy of the Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper (including greeting, collect, Roman Canon, etc.), and I was wondering if there was one for Good Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
 
Have you had a look at Solesmes?
Thank You for the link. The Solesmes have consistently put out some of the best Gregorian Chant I have ever heard. Their older recordings are difficult to find. Sometimes I’m surprised that those who are avid Gregorian Chant lovers haven’t heard of them.

Peace
Chris
 
Most if not all of what has ever been recorded by Solesmes is (or was a couple of years ago anyway) available from the Paraclete Press:

paracletepress.com/gregorian.html

In 1975 (Jubilee Year) I attended the full Latin/Gregorian Good Friday service at the Collegio di Sant’ Anselmo, the Benedictine college in Rome. It was glorious, including the artistic quality of the music, but even they couldn’t resist tinkering, and the experience was marred by the singing of the Lutheran hymn “O Sacred Head Surrounded” with each verse in a different modern language. That’s Catholics for you–pleasing no one while trying to please everyone (apologies for the editorial).
 
Yeah, I’ve tried. They only have the Passion and the Adoration antiphons/improperia, which I already have. I’m specifically looking for the the rest of the liturgy: collects, lessons, orationes sollemnes, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top