Q
Qwikness
Guest
A lot have Bibles have Jesus’ words highlighted in red.
Why don’t they have God’s words highlighted in the Old Testament?
Why don’t they have God’s words highlighted in the Old Testament?
Matthew 3:17 does not have the words of the Father in red. I also looked up John 12:28 (where the Father also speaks), and there are no red letters for His words there either. I haven’t checked any other verses, but it appears that only the words of the Son are “red lettered”.Btw does anyone know if the words spoken by God to His Son when He was baptised are “red lettered” in those bibles?
What difference does it make? Who cares about the colour of the print??A lot have Bibles have Jesus’ words highlighted in red.
Why don’t they have God’s words highlighted in the Old Testament?
it’s helpful in finding specific verses. i use the color difference to skim for particular challenges posed by the apostles or the pharisees, or to look for answers to questions like “did jesus ever say [insert doctrine here], or was that paul?”What difference does it make? Who cares about the colour of the print??
Because I want to know. God said a lot in the Old Testament. It would be interesting and valuable to have a Bible that showed all of the words of God, not just focusing on God the Son.What difference does it make? Who cares about the colour of the print??
If enough people were interested, the publishers would probably print one.Because I want to know. God said a lot in the Old Testament. It would be interesting and valuable to have a Bible that showed all of the words of God, not just focusing on God the Son.
In the great scheme of things, maybe not much. But it may make quotes easier for readers to find. The same is true of dividing the Bible into verses so we can refer to them by Book, Chapter and Verse.What difference does it make? Who cares about the colour of the print??
What a good question. Got me to thinking and doing a little study to satsify myself about it. Perhaps it is because a lot of the time in the OT, God Himself isn’t a direct participant but has the prophets speak for Him? However, in the Book of Job, He is a major player and directs a long speech towards Job without the intermediary of a prophet. That could be highlighted in red.A lot have Bibles have Jesus’ words highlighted in red.
Why don’t they have God’s words highlighted in the Old Testament?
Half of my Bibles are “red letter” and the other half are not. I really do not care either way. BTW, I even have Protestant Bibles that are not “red letter” so it is not just a Catholic thing.I certainly enjoy red letter but didn’t even miss it until I saw this thread.![]()
Or, how about this verse?What a good question. Got me to thinking and doing a little study to satsify myself about it. Perhaps it is because a lot of the time in the OT, God Himself isn’t a direct participant but has the prophets speak for Him? However, in the Book of Job, He is a major player and directs a long speech towards Job without the intermediary of a prophet. That could be highlighted in red.
This is from the NASB, but all other translations are similar. God the Father speaks here.Joh 12:28 “Father, glorify Your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
Wouldn’t the whole Bible be in red then?Because I want to know. God said a lot in the Old Testament. It would be interesting and valuable to have a Bible that showed all of the words of God, not just focusing on God the Son.