Reflection on the Daily Gospel 15 May 2011

  • Thread starter Thread starter Onedayatatime
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how Jesus is both the gate and the shepherd. We don’t have to say “He can’t be the shepherd—he’s the gate!” It’s great to be Catholic and not limited by the human either/or tendency. :o
 
I like how Jesus is both the gate and the shepherd. We don’t have to say “He can’t be the shepherd—he’s the gate!” It’s great to be Catholic and not limited by the human either/or tendency. :o
Interesting homily explained this weekend explained this in the time of Christ. Even today shepards in many parts of the world bring their flocks at night into stone circles which have an opening in them.

The shepard then sleeps in this opening, becoming both the gate and the shepard. What a beautiful context for this reading. One I didn’t realize before writing this reflection.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top