R
rosejmj
Guest
I have a few questions regarding the Catholic morality
Do you think it is a sin to refuse medical treatment for a life threatening illness if it could save your life?. Like for example if someone had cancer and it was in it’s early stages and treatable, would it be bad if the person chose not to undergo treatment and to just allow the cancer to take over and kill them? Technically they are undergoing a natural death. And let’s say they have no one dependant on them and they are content with their life and feel ready to die.
Another similar question, I struggle with depression and anxiety and have gone to therapy and taken medication but it wasn’t ever very helpful and so recently I have decided to stop altogether. I live at home with my parents as a young adult and they are upset and want me to continue treatment. The depression and anxiety is not too extreme, but it is enough to make it harder to function normally. Things like work, having friends, dating and getting married, and just being content with life are/will be much harder. Do you think it is sinful for me to refuse treatment when it is available and my parents want me to? Is it my fault if I am unhappy and fail in life?
What about the thought that suffering is meritorious. Wouldn’t it be better to suffer from an illness, even something like depression, rather than ease the pain for ourselves?
Do you think it is a sin to refuse medical treatment for a life threatening illness if it could save your life?. Like for example if someone had cancer and it was in it’s early stages and treatable, would it be bad if the person chose not to undergo treatment and to just allow the cancer to take over and kill them? Technically they are undergoing a natural death. And let’s say they have no one dependant on them and they are content with their life and feel ready to die.
Another similar question, I struggle with depression and anxiety and have gone to therapy and taken medication but it wasn’t ever very helpful and so recently I have decided to stop altogether. I live at home with my parents as a young adult and they are upset and want me to continue treatment. The depression and anxiety is not too extreme, but it is enough to make it harder to function normally. Things like work, having friends, dating and getting married, and just being content with life are/will be much harder. Do you think it is sinful for me to refuse treatment when it is available and my parents want me to? Is it my fault if I am unhappy and fail in life?
What about the thought that suffering is meritorious. Wouldn’t it be better to suffer from an illness, even something like depression, rather than ease the pain for ourselves?