M
misslilly
Guest
My fiance and I took the Focus test last night. The priest was very clear in his directions that it’s a test for our benefit, we are the ones who have to live with each other, and he emphasized that we should be honest. He said it’s pretty obvious the answers that they want, but we should answer honestly for our benefit. So I did. But now as I reflect on my answers today, I feel I was a bit harsh and I’m worried my answers will be misleading. For example, it asked if my fiance has ever put me down, or something along those lines. Well if we want to be honest and you’ve been with someone for three years, then sure he has put me down before. I’ve done it to him before during arguments, nobody is perfect. So I said I agree. Well is this going to come off as if he does it all the time? That’s not the case at all. So I’m wishing I put down disagree. And there was a question about if I’m hesitant about getting married. Again, if we are being honest, I think everyone has a slight hesitation about making such a big decision. Personally I have been engaged before and it didn’t work out, I’m 30 and I’ve never been married before, and with today’s divorce rate, sure, I’m hesitant. But is this going to come off as if I’m hesitant about marrying my fiance? It has nothing to do with him, just the general idea of marriage and it’s failure rate. So now I wish I put down disagree.
Will my answers be revealed to my fiance? I don’t want to hurt his feelings and I feel if he sees my answers to these two questions and some others, he will be hurt. Do you think I should ask to retake the test before the results are given? Is that possible?
Will my answers be revealed to my fiance? I don’t want to hurt his feelings and I feel if he sees my answers to these two questions and some others, he will be hurt. Do you think I should ask to retake the test before the results are given? Is that possible?