C
centurionguard
Guest
I do my out-most to give credence to the benefit of the doubt when making critique on certain liturgical abuses that occur from time to time. And sometimes I wonder if it’s best to just shut-up a pray for those who break liturgical tradition and laws. For the last two Sundays at Mass during the distribution of Holy Communion our parish priest has strayed away from being the official responsibility of giving Holy Communion to the laity during Mass at communion time.
At first I thought perhaps our parish priest wasn’t feeling well and decided to sit in the presidential chair and let the lay Eucharistic Ministers take on this privileged responsibility.
Perhaps my critique might seem redundant to some but this is not the first two times I have observed my parish priest sitting out from distributing Holy Communion.
I would think that it takes quite an amount of polite etiquette and tactfulness to confront a priest and query his responsibilities in this matter.
Worst of all my Archbishop has a common well know reputation of being liberal. So any complaints by the laity made to him are quite often received in a nonchalant manner and even disregarded; though I must admit our french Monseigneur has gotten better in a traditional attitude at handling certain liturgical abuses which I credit to fervent prayer.
Perhaps it easy to go off on a tangent when it comes to Liturgical Abuses in many Catholic Churches in numerous dioceses without giving credence to praying first for our respected priests, and bishops.
At first I thought perhaps our parish priest wasn’t feeling well and decided to sit in the presidential chair and let the lay Eucharistic Ministers take on this privileged responsibility.
Perhaps my critique might seem redundant to some but this is not the first two times I have observed my parish priest sitting out from distributing Holy Communion.
I would think that it takes quite an amount of polite etiquette and tactfulness to confront a priest and query his responsibilities in this matter.
Worst of all my Archbishop has a common well know reputation of being liberal. So any complaints by the laity made to him are quite often received in a nonchalant manner and even disregarded; though I must admit our french Monseigneur has gotten better in a traditional attitude at handling certain liturgical abuses which I credit to fervent prayer.
Perhaps it easy to go off on a tangent when it comes to Liturgical Abuses in many Catholic Churches in numerous dioceses without giving credence to praying first for our respected priests, and bishops.