O
onegirlinchrist
Guest
Hi All,
I’ve been coming across those terms–heart, will, and intellect–and just wanted to know more about how they interact. The intellect and will both work together to form our reason…the heart is something separate, and it is inaccessible to the intellect, correct? That’s why we can’t see clearly into the heart, and only God can. However, the heart influences the intellect and will, right? I suppose we should see the intellect and will as tools that serve the heart?
I have seen charity described as residing in the will, but it seems more like a matter of the heart. As does hope, which I have also seen described as residing in the will, but seems more “heart-like.”
Is heart just a catch-all expression for our desires? Perhaps specifically spiritual ones? (Verses, of course, the desire for chocolate, which would be a physical appetite).
Thoughts? Thx!!
I’ve been coming across those terms–heart, will, and intellect–and just wanted to know more about how they interact. The intellect and will both work together to form our reason…the heart is something separate, and it is inaccessible to the intellect, correct? That’s why we can’t see clearly into the heart, and only God can. However, the heart influences the intellect and will, right? I suppose we should see the intellect and will as tools that serve the heart?
I have seen charity described as residing in the will, but it seems more like a matter of the heart. As does hope, which I have also seen described as residing in the will, but seems more “heart-like.”
Is heart just a catch-all expression for our desires? Perhaps specifically spiritual ones? (Verses, of course, the desire for chocolate, which would be a physical appetite).
Thoughts? Thx!!