B
Betty09
Guest
Hi everyone,
I’ve been dating a man for about three years now, and he is wonderful. However, although his parents had him baptized he was not brought up as a Catholic and faith is not important to him.
This creates quite a divide between us, as I attend Mass every week and attended Catholic schools, as well as Catholic college. It is very important to me, and he knows and respects that, and has gone with me to church occasionally. He is willing to be married in the Catholic church and understands that I want children to be raised Catholic.
I love him very much and do want to marry him. In many ways, I consider him a better Catholic than I am- he is generous, loving, and selfless. He makes me a better person. But I worry about this issue in the future, especially while trying to raise children.
I am looking for insight from anyone, but particularly from people who are married to non-practicing Catholics. I am interested in hearing about challenges I might encounter, should I choose to marry this man. I’m very confused. I want to do what is right for myself, him and any future children.
Thanks
I’ve been dating a man for about three years now, and he is wonderful. However, although his parents had him baptized he was not brought up as a Catholic and faith is not important to him.
This creates quite a divide between us, as I attend Mass every week and attended Catholic schools, as well as Catholic college. It is very important to me, and he knows and respects that, and has gone with me to church occasionally. He is willing to be married in the Catholic church and understands that I want children to be raised Catholic.
I love him very much and do want to marry him. In many ways, I consider him a better Catholic than I am- he is generous, loving, and selfless. He makes me a better person. But I worry about this issue in the future, especially while trying to raise children.
I am looking for insight from anyone, but particularly from people who are married to non-practicing Catholics. I am interested in hearing about challenges I might encounter, should I choose to marry this man. I’m very confused. I want to do what is right for myself, him and any future children.
Thanks