Republican Loeffler poses with former KKK Leader Chester Doles

• Thread starter Thread starter RootKitWarrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RootKitWarrior

Loeffler Poses with ex KKK, now White Supremist - CNNPolitics
The photo shows Loeffler posing next to Chester Doles, a former Ku Klux Klan leader and member of the neo-Nazi National Alliance who was sentenced to prison in the 1990s for assaulting a Black man in Maryland. Doles marched in the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, with the Hammerskins, a racist skinhead gang.
Of course Loeffler condemns White supremacist after taking photo with him. DAMAGE CONTROL.

Last edited:
I’m one of those people who looks at the context of pictures.

Any yahoo can get a picture taken with a politician or other type of public figure.

Any yahoo can get a picture taken with a politician or other type of public figure.
True enough, but in this day and age, one should be wary of men wanting to take selfies with you, especially if you are a politician.

I agree. I generally give public figures a pass on this kind of thing (rando selfie at some event). I feel differently when they go on someone’s radio show, or endorse some person (maybe without doing their due diligence). But unless there is more to this, it seems like it was him trying associate himself with her.

Likewise. I would need to know what she knew at the time the picture was taken to draw any conclusion.
True enough, but in this day and age, one should be wary of men wanting to take selfies with you, especially if you are a politician.
There’s someone I follow on Twitter that has a disclaimer in his bio. It is something like “Any likes I give on Twitter are not an endorsement of the person that tweeted.” He seems to also recognize how the association can be used against him otherwise.

Likewise. I would need to know what she knew at the time the picture was taken to draw any conclusion.
Exactly. Politicians take photos with thousands of people. You can’t do background checks first. (But I do question the wisdom of being that close to a stranger during a pandemic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back