J
James82
Guest
So earlier today I emailed my former mentor and confidant finally telling him that I am leaving Anglicanism (officially) here is the transcript, which I am actually surprised and a little hurt about.
Hi Father,
I’m glad that your on the up and up! As of now, I am very busy with courses at VIU, so any help I can offer would have to be of a small amount.
Everything is going quite well with me, I am enjoying my courses, especially psychology.
I suppose now would be the time to let you know that I have made the decision to go over to the Catholic (Roman Rite) Church. This decision only came after much deliberation and study of conscience on my part. I should stress that it is no way a ‘snub’ of my Anglican heritage, and in fact, I will quite miss Anglican liturgy (Vatican II is quite lacking in the liturgical department, even to the point that Cardinal Ratzinger believes it is deteriorating the Church spiritually). However, Rome offers a set of doctrine that appeals to me both spiritually and intellectually. It’s too much to delve into over an email, and I will come visit you during spring break in Victoria. You should be confident though that the parish of St. Edward the Confessor has taken me in quite lovingly, and I am under the Formation of Fr. Alfredo Monacelli; I hope for you to meet him some day, so I can show him who guided me back into God’s grace.
I do still pray for the parish of St. Mark’s. I look forward to hearing back from you.
In Christ,
James
Reply:
Dear James:
This is a surprise, and I can only wish you well and pray that you have a good and holy life ahead for you. No, you are choosing, not snubbing; but you must be aware that the choice does involve denying the validity of the ministry of Anglican bishops, priests, and deacons. However, I am sure that is not your motivating thought, and I trust you will gain much from your new association.
In Christ,
Father Stan
This is from a man I have known all my life, so it may seem not so shocking to you, but it’s outright cold considering who it is.
Thoughts?
Hi Father,
I’m glad that your on the up and up! As of now, I am very busy with courses at VIU, so any help I can offer would have to be of a small amount.
Everything is going quite well with me, I am enjoying my courses, especially psychology.
I suppose now would be the time to let you know that I have made the decision to go over to the Catholic (Roman Rite) Church. This decision only came after much deliberation and study of conscience on my part. I should stress that it is no way a ‘snub’ of my Anglican heritage, and in fact, I will quite miss Anglican liturgy (Vatican II is quite lacking in the liturgical department, even to the point that Cardinal Ratzinger believes it is deteriorating the Church spiritually). However, Rome offers a set of doctrine that appeals to me both spiritually and intellectually. It’s too much to delve into over an email, and I will come visit you during spring break in Victoria. You should be confident though that the parish of St. Edward the Confessor has taken me in quite lovingly, and I am under the Formation of Fr. Alfredo Monacelli; I hope for you to meet him some day, so I can show him who guided me back into God’s grace.
I do still pray for the parish of St. Mark’s. I look forward to hearing back from you.
In Christ,
James
Reply:
Dear James:
This is a surprise, and I can only wish you well and pray that you have a good and holy life ahead for you. No, you are choosing, not snubbing; but you must be aware that the choice does involve denying the validity of the ministry of Anglican bishops, priests, and deacons. However, I am sure that is not your motivating thought, and I trust you will gain much from your new association.
In Christ,
Father Stan
This is from a man I have known all my life, so it may seem not so shocking to you, but it’s outright cold considering who it is.
Thoughts?