A
AlexanderC
Guest
In continuation of my previous post (forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=864221), here is the second claim of the article titled, “You Don’t Understand Catholicism”.
Link: wayoflife.org/index_files/you_dont_understand_rcc.html
He states that Catholics are wrong to believe that the Sacraments are necessary for salvation. He cites Romans 11:6 to attempt to prove us wrong.
**“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation. . . . The fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Saviour.” New Catholic Catechism, 1129
When Rome speaks of salvation by grace, it does not mean the free grace of the apostolic gospel. Rome has perverted the meaning of grace by intermingling sacraments and works with grace. Paul condemned this in Romans 11:6 –
“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”**
I’m sure I could find the answer throughout the forums or the Catholic Answers site, but I am curious as to see all of the arguments that people may have, this goes for a lot of the claims, not all though.
So, how may I, or any of us, respond to such a claim?
Thank you ahead of time!
Link: wayoflife.org/index_files/you_dont_understand_rcc.html
He states that Catholics are wrong to believe that the Sacraments are necessary for salvation. He cites Romans 11:6 to attempt to prove us wrong.
**“The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation. . . . The fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Saviour.” New Catholic Catechism, 1129
When Rome speaks of salvation by grace, it does not mean the free grace of the apostolic gospel. Rome has perverted the meaning of grace by intermingling sacraments and works with grace. Paul condemned this in Romans 11:6 –
“And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.”**
I’m sure I could find the answer throughout the forums or the Catholic Answers site, but I am curious as to see all of the arguments that people may have, this goes for a lot of the claims, not all though.
So, how may I, or any of us, respond to such a claim?
Thank you ahead of time!