Retreat suggestions for CT/Western MA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CountryMom27
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CountryMom27

Guest
My DH lovingly gave me a retreat for Christmas but I need to find a place to go. I’ve checked out a number of retreat centers but could use suggestions based on experiences.

What I’m looking for - a peaceful, 1-2 night retreat away, either as part of a woman’s group or as part of a silent retreat. Very simple, spartan accomodations. Some ideas as to what to do - I’ve been on a daylong individual directed retreat and it was good for what I needed then, I might need more direction now. I have 2 young children so I want to ensure I use the time to really think and pray.

I went to a wonderful retreat at the Archdiocese of Hartford for our precana weekend but I don’t think they do retreats there anymore. Otherwise, I’ve never done an overnight Catholic retreat.

Ideas?
 
A strong, faith filled weekend retreat is how I would describe a cursillo weekend. It is a beautiful awakening for anyone looking for such a retreat. You can check the national cursillo web site, but there are sites at both Springfield and Worcester. I did a cursillo weekend 5 years ago and it was amazing.
 
You can see if these have one for you. They are silent and very good opusdei.org/ I hope you get a very peaceful and blessed experience wherever you go.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top