H
Halyna
Guest
I am actually afraid to discuss Rev and other Biblical prophesy with my family because of this verse. Am I condemned if I misinterpret something?
John wrote Revelations while exiled on the tiny island of Patmos.Revelation can be weird, but you have to remember that most all apocalyptic writings are, and this is mostly very intense visions of St. John.
you think you are a funny and clever guy don’t you?I think the only food he could find there was psychedelic mushrooms.
Be not afraid. The point is not to tamper with it.I am actually afraid to discuss Rev and other Biblical prophesy with my family because of this verse. Am I condemned if I misinterpret something?
The primary meaning is that we are not allowed to change the text as such: it was inspired and given by God, and recognized by the Church as inspired, and we do not have the authority to change it. However, we are given the right to discuss what it means and to apply it to our lives.I am actually afraid to discuss Rev and other Biblical prophesy with my family because of this verse (Rev 22:18). Am I condemned if I misinterpret something?
As others have stated, the warning applies to tampering with the text, but the Catholic Church encourages Bible study, which seems to be what you desire. As a matter-of-fact, because Revelation uses heavily symbolic language and refers to the future of the Church, I think it certainly warrants discussion and further study (all in light of Catholic teaching).I am actually afraid to discuss Rev and other Biblical prophesy with my family because of this verse. Am I condemned if I misinterpret something?
Hi, Halyna!I am actually afraid to discuss Rev and other Biblical prophesy with my family because of this verse. Am I condemned if I misinterpret something?