C
Cruxis117
Guest
What is our reward which we will be judged for by our works?
I think I have an answer. This is something I want to bring to you guys, to see if what I’m saying is correct. What is often brought as an argument by a Protestant is the idea that our works are not going to be judged for eternal life, but will be judged for other rewards which apparently no one knows of. I’m suggesting this proposition to what our reward is:
Our reward is our inheritance (Colossians 3:24). This inheritance is imperishable (1 Peter 1:4). The only thing that is mentioned as imperishable is the resurrection of the dead and immortality (1 Corinthians 15:42 and 1 Corinthians 15:52), and this immortality is eternal life (Romans 2:7), and this eternal life is mentioned as something separated from eternal punishment. Rather than just being immortal as the gift, it’s immortality and new life with God, with Love (Romans 6:23), rather than eternal punishment which is given to the damned. And it is given to those who have done works of charity to the poor and the sick and the needy (Matthew 25:31-46), that our reward, which is our inheritance that is imperishable, must be eternal life. It is not some “magical” reward which no one knows of. Our reward is the imperishable inheritance is immortality, and this immortality is eternal life with Jesus. This is what we are given as the gift of our salvation is eternal life, rather than eternal punishment Thus, we will be judged by our works and recieve the reward which is eternal life.
What do you guys think?
I think I have an answer. This is something I want to bring to you guys, to see if what I’m saying is correct. What is often brought as an argument by a Protestant is the idea that our works are not going to be judged for eternal life, but will be judged for other rewards which apparently no one knows of. I’m suggesting this proposition to what our reward is:
Our reward is our inheritance (Colossians 3:24). This inheritance is imperishable (1 Peter 1:4). The only thing that is mentioned as imperishable is the resurrection of the dead and immortality (1 Corinthians 15:42 and 1 Corinthians 15:52), and this immortality is eternal life (Romans 2:7), and this eternal life is mentioned as something separated from eternal punishment. Rather than just being immortal as the gift, it’s immortality and new life with God, with Love (Romans 6:23), rather than eternal punishment which is given to the damned. And it is given to those who have done works of charity to the poor and the sick and the needy (Matthew 25:31-46), that our reward, which is our inheritance that is imperishable, must be eternal life. It is not some “magical” reward which no one knows of. Our reward is the imperishable inheritance is immortality, and this immortality is eternal life with Jesus. This is what we are given as the gift of our salvation is eternal life, rather than eternal punishment Thus, we will be judged by our works and recieve the reward which is eternal life.
What do you guys think?