Rite of Election

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdt
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdt

Guest
I have a quick question…my father is participating in the rite of election tomorrow and I would like to take him out for dinner afterwards, however i have to make reservations so I was wondering approximately how long this rite typically lasts…Thanks,
 
I have a quick question…my father is participating in the rite of election tomorrow and I would like to take him out for dinner afterwards, however i have to make reservations so I was wondering approximately how long this rite typically lasts…Thanks,
It will depend on the size of your diocese and how many people are participating in the Rite. At ours, it takes about 1 1/2 hrs and we have quite a few people.
 
I have a quick question…my father is participating in the rite of election tomorrow and I would like to take him out for dinner afterwards, however i have to make reservations so I was wondering approximately how long this rite typically lasts…Thanks,
Everyone will get there and gather for about an hour. The Rite will be from 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours depending on the number of people. There is usually a reception after with the Bishop so those present can meet and chat with him for a few minutes, sometimes the Bishop will pose for a few pictures.
 
I have a quick question…my father is participating in the rite of election tomorrow and I would like to take him out for dinner afterwards, however i have to make reservations so I was wondering approximately how long this rite typically lasts…Thanks,
if it happens during Mass it will add perhaps 10 minutes at most to the time of Mass. this assumes it is during a parish Sunday Mass. if you mean a group of hundreds being called by the bishop at the cathedral, it depends on the size of the crowd, and the logistics of presenting the candidates to the bishop. here I tell parents to allow 1.5 hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top