Robbin Williams Dead

  • Thread starter Thread starter z_0101
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He brought a lot of smiles, I feel bad he didn’t find the same joy he gave to others. May he see the light of the Lord . Thanks for the wonderful memories.
 
Surprising and upsetting to say the least.

:gopray:

Let’s not forget to pray for him.
 
News release of his death is a hoax. Go ahead and pray for him, though. Just pray for his conversion.
 
Now the news reporting that it was a hoax is saying the “hoax” was a hoax and he really has died. Either way, I’ll pray for him.
 
News release of his death is a hoax. Go ahead and pray for him, though. Just pray for his conversion.
I would not have posted this if it hadn’t appeared in FOX, CNN, CBS and other news feeds. I vette these news reports very carefully before posting.

USA Today:
usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/08/11/robin-williams-is-dead/13925199/
In a shocking development, Oscar-winning actor/comic Robin Williams was found dead in his California home Monday, a possible suicide, according to investigators. He was 63.

The Marin County Sheriff’s Office said Williams was found unconscious and not breathing inside his home in Tiburon, Calif., around noon local time, and was pronounced dead shortly after. Tiburon is across the Golden Gate Bridge north of San Francisco.

The sheriff’s press release identified him by his full name, Robin McLaurin Williams.Investigators also said they will hold a press conference Tuesday at 11 am, PT.

SNOPES.Com a known hoax busting site appears to be showing this as valid:
snopes.com/info/news/williams.asp
 
My wife and I loved him in Moscow on the Hudson and Mrs. Doubtfire. The latter, IMO, was spoiled by a pointlessly sad ending, but overall, it was a great comedy. Rob 😦
 
So sad to hear, I grew up watching several of his movies. Depression is not a game and I’m sorry he couldn’t get the help he needed. RIP.
 
In a controlled sitaution, like a movie or TV series Williams showed his brilliance. But often he’d lose control over himself and act quite manic in an unstructured invironment like a talk show. It was obvious he was suffering from some form of mental illness and was in serious need of help. Patty Duke was the same way in her private life–she’d lose all control. Happily for her she was diagnosed bi-polar and was able to get the help she needed.

So many people in show business have such disorders. They use performing is a means of dealing with it, along with drugs and alcohol. It’s so sad that all the treatments he had could not safe his life. I used to watch Williams, trying to find him funny, but I could sense all too clearly the underlying bitterness and pain that drove his humor. I might laugh at some antic, but then the sadness would return to his eyes leaving me feeling disturbed and worried for him. I pray he’s found the peace he could not find now that he has gone to God.
 
In a controlled situation, like a movie or TV series Williams showed his brilliance. But often he’d lose control over himself and act quite manic in an unstructured environment like a talk show. It was obvious he was suffering from some form of mental illness and was in serious need of help. Patty Duke was the same way in her private life–she’d lose all control. Happily for her she was diagnosed bi-polar and was able to get the help she needed.

So many people in show business have such disorders. They use performing is a means of dealing with it, along with drugs and alcohol. It’s so sad that all the treatments he had could not safe his life. I used to watch Williams, trying to find him funny, but I could sense all too clearly the underlying bitterness and pain that drove his humor. I might laugh at some antic, but then the sadness would return to his eyes leaving me feeling disturbed and worried for him. I pray he’s found the peace he could not find now that he has gone to God.
I too saw those things in him. You have said in better than I could. Despite of, or perhaps even because of, his manic nature, he was a comedic genius. The resort to suicide, all too often among the media idols, has always been a puzzle to me, and I am sure most everyone. One thing I have contemplated with the passing of the years, has been that the humility learned by living the simple life is actually a great blessing. The human ego, left unbounded, seems all too often to lead to chaos and tragedy.
 
Not a lot of people know that Robin Williams is a huge anime fan. Some of his favorites are: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell.

Memory eternal for one of the best comedians out there.
 
Not a lot of people know that Robin Williams is a huge anime fan. Some of his favorites are: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, Blood: The Last Vampire, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell.

Memory eternal for one of the best comedians out there.
Other than Cowboy Bebop… all ones I’ve followed as well. -
Gave so man people happiness
yet so sad on the inside

:sad_bye:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top