Roblox (video game) and the Vatican: Questions and Concerns

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperDarkMan12
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SuperDarkMan12

Guest
I was thinking of getting promoted in this group called [VC] City State Of The Vatican (roblox.com/My/Groups.aspx?gid=806526) in a game called Roblox. They do a good bit of role playing as being Priests and Bishops and such. Now, what bothers me is that is it somewhat heretical to do a reenactment of almost all aspects of Catholic liturgical life in this game? (such as Mass, Papacy, Bishops, Priests, Deacons, etc) If not, could it be considered a way for the youth to get interested in Catholicism? Please help me out here 😛
(also I ask if this is not in the proper area to post this please simply move it to the proper section admins)
 
It doesn’t sound like there is anything wrong in what you describe as long as it is clear that what you are doing is fake, but if you are concerned you may want to check with someone who knows the relevant parts of Canon Law to be sure. You’re not trying to simulate a real Mass after all or pretend that you are actually ordained. I took a look at your link and I highly doubt you are doing anything problematic because it is so obviously pretend.

If you think it can be a good way to evangelize people to the real Catholic Church then go for it 👍. But would non-Catholic players be interested in role-playing as Catholics?
 
It doesn’t sound like there is anything wrong in what you describe as long as it is clear that what you are doing is fake, but if you are concerned you may want to check with someone who knows the relevant parts of Canon Law to be sure. You’re not trying to simulate a real Mass after all or pretend that you are actually ordained. I took a look at your link and I highly doubt you are doing anything problematic because it is so obviously pretend.

If you think it can be a good way to evangelize people to the real Catholic Church then go for it 👍. But would non-Catholic players be interested in role-playing as Catholics?
Well, I have seen some people who are non catholics participate in things such as this. Also, I do believe they do simulate and actual mass and ordination ceremony. However it is most certainly fake. Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate them.
 
Well, I have seen some people who are non catholics participate in things such as this. Also, I do believe they do simulate and actual mass and ordination ceremony. However it is most certainly fake. Thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate them.
Oh, well that’s interesting that non-Catholics are participating. Yeah, if you think you can get them to come to real Mass through this that would be great. I think that simulating a Mass is only a grave sin if you actually legitimately believe you are validly ordained to consecrate hosts and attempt to convince others that you are the real Catholic Church, but that’s clearly not the case in your situation I am assuming.
 
Oh, well that’s interesting that non-Catholics are participating. Yeah, if you think you can get them to come to real Mass through this that would be great. I think that simulating a Mass is only a grave sin if you actually legitimately believe you are validly ordained to consecrate hosts and attempt to convince others that you are the real Catholic Church, but that’s clearly not the case in your situation I am assuming.
Indeed it is not, thank you for your help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top