Rock music is sinful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AZ42
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AZ42

Guest
Me and some friends like to get together and play hard rock sometimes. Another friend told me that rock music is inherently sinful and should not be played/listened to regardless of the content of the lyrics. When I asked them why, they said Pope Francis condemned rock music as sinful. I had never heard this before, and thought that music was not sinful unless it was overtly sexual or blasphemous. Is there truth behind what they are saying? It has got me rather disturbed.
 
Last edited:
No. There’s nothing inherently sinful with any particular genre of music. That makes as much sense as saying “C major chords are inherently evil”.
 
So I guess my friend didn’t know what he was talking about. I tried to google the Pope saying rock music was wrong and couldn’t find anything.
 
So I guess my friend didn’t know what he was talking about.
For some people, certain music may be a near occasion of sin. If your friend finds rock music to be harmful to him, then don’t insist on it when you are with him, you remember the passage about “if eathing meat causes my brother to stumble…”
 
Yeah, “Jesus Take the Wheel” is real hardcore
 
Just keep away from the Devil’s interval and the Locrian mode?
 
What would western music be without the tritone? Locrian we can scrap 😉
 
On the other side of the coin was there ever a chord that pleased the Lord?
 
I trust Hank Hill when it comes to Christian Rock:
Can’t you see you’re not making Christianity better? You’re just making rock & roll worse.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top