F
fermat
Guest
I was talking to my boss who is an evangelical. I was telling him about the reading from 2nd Macabees a few weeks ago where the seven brothers and mother are killed because they would not violate God’s law. He had heard of the ‘apocrypha’, but not in the context of of the seven books removed in the Protestant bible. He asked what the role of those books were.
He is asking the question in the context of whether they contained prophesy, like the major or minor prophets. Or were are they considered a book about rules, like Leviticus or if they contain references to Christ. (note: I am just throwing out very general descriptions of the kinds of books in the OT. I’m not shooting for an exhaustive (or even particularly accurate) list.)
He had never been told about the books specifically, so he seems open to hearing about that. So how are these books viewed?
He is asking the question in the context of whether they contained prophesy, like the major or minor prophets. Or were are they considered a book about rules, like Leviticus or if they contain references to Christ. (note: I am just throwing out very general descriptions of the kinds of books in the OT. I’m not shooting for an exhaustive (or even particularly accurate) list.)
He had never been told about the books specifically, so he seems open to hearing about that. So how are these books viewed?