J
JeanneH
Guest
Hi,
In verse 7 of chapter 6 of Romans in the RSV CE it says For he who has died is freed from sin.
Now in reading the entire chapter and not cherry picking this verse out of context, I understand it to mean that once we are baptised into Christ’s death and resurrection we are free from sin in this life. It does not mean that once we physically die we are free from all sin. If that be the case why would there be a need for hell or purgatory, right?
I am having a discussion with my JW friend and she believes the latter, that we are all freed from sin once we die?
How can I help her to understand the truth of this verse if my interpretation is the correct one of course?
Thanks Jeanne
In verse 7 of chapter 6 of Romans in the RSV CE it says For he who has died is freed from sin.
Now in reading the entire chapter and not cherry picking this verse out of context, I understand it to mean that once we are baptised into Christ’s death and resurrection we are free from sin in this life. It does not mean that once we physically die we are free from all sin. If that be the case why would there be a need for hell or purgatory, right?
I am having a discussion with my JW friend and she believes the latter, that we are all freed from sin once we die?
How can I help her to understand the truth of this verse if my interpretation is the correct one of course?
Thanks Jeanne