Rona Forever! Govt Scientist Suggests Britons Could Be Wearing Masks ‘for Years

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Rona Forever! Govt Scientist Suggests Britons Could Be Wearing Masks ‘for Years’​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

OLI SCARFF/AFP via Getty Images

Victoria Friedman

3 Dec 2020

The United Kingdom’s deputy chief medical officer has suggested that practices like wearing masks and using hand sanitiser could be habits Britons have to keep “for years”.

Jonathan Van-Tam made the remarks 0n Wednesday alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson during a Downing Street coronavirus briefing.

Professor Van-Tam said, according to The Sun : “I don’t think we’re going to eradicate coronavirus, ever. I think it’s going to be with humankind forever. I think we may get to a point where coronavirus becomes a seasonal problem. I don’t want to draw too many parallels with ‘flu, but possibly that is the kind of way we’d learn to live with it.”

He continued: “Do I think there will come a big moment where we have a massive party and throw our masks and hand sanitiser and say, ‘That’s it, it’s behind us’, like the end of the war? No, I don’t.

“I think those kinds of habits that we have learned from… will perhaps persist for many years, and that may be a good thing if they do.” . . .

Naturally this means PERMANENT.

And many of the same people who said it would not be permanent this year (often name-calling for bringing this up),
will be URGING and SUPPORTING it to be permanent next year.

The principles that these “officials” are often employing (that is their actions and statements), gave it away long ago.

Do I think there will come a big moment where we have a massive party and throw our masks and hand sanitiser and say, ‘That’s it, it’s behind us’, like the end of the war? No, I don’t. I think those kind of habits that we have learned from that clearly stop the spread of other respiratory viruses such as flu will perhaps persist for many years, and that may be a good thing if they do."
And then after a remark by the Prime Minister, Vam-Tam clarified:
“I do not think the government will continue to have to recommend social distancing, masks and hand sanitiser for ever and a day. I hope we will get back to a much more normal world. But the point I was trying to make was do I think possibly some of those personal habits some people will persist longer and perhaps become enduring for some people? Yes, I think that’s possible.”

I can’t see anywhere that he implies mask-wearing will become “permanent”. Rather, he implies mask wearing may become part of our culture when illnesses such as flu are having outbreaks. A bit like it is in countries such as Japan.

for ever and a day. I hope we will get back to a much more normal world.
That’s fine.

If you think this guy is repudiating that in what he said, you are free to think that.

I see just the opposite.

I guess anything short of “for ever and a day” is on the table with him.

And to him a “much more normal world” = “a normal world”.

You may be right. We’ll see.

Assuming corona virus still exists, say five years from now . . . .
. . . What do you think might be different, then compared to now, where these mandates (social distancing, masking-up, quarantining HEALTHY people i.e. “lockdowns” at least some of them) should be gone?

The only thing that might change is less amounts of susceptible people.

If that is your yardstick, I will just ask “How many at-risk” people do you accept?

Remember. We’ve already been told vaccines will not eliminate “risk” for many.

Such a sensationalist title.

These practices are common in Asia and have been since previous outbreaks.
Hand sanitizer during cold and flu season alone, and in service industries is sensible.

100,000 in hospital today in USA with rona.

Last edited:
Not every country is like an Asian one with astronomical population densities, and not every Asian country is one I would want to take a lesson in conformity from.

Last edited:
Yeah I already sensed that forced masks were going to be pushed permanently by certain people after personal responsibility(by wearing a self-protecting mask or staying home if scared of covid) was abandoned in favor of everyone else needing to contribute so that those fearful could go/do as they please.

So are you supportive of this as a new paradigm?
2, 800 dead in the last 24 hrs. So which mandates are law and which laws are failing and which media and individuals are treating the entire thing as a joke.

What would the numbers be if the laws and mandates in place were not working

Stop asking personal opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back