Ronald Know Translation of New Testament

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgm21234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tgm21234

Guest
I have been reading the Ronald Knox translation of the NT and like it.
I don’t like the way he translated the opening of St. John’s Gospel: “In the beginning…”, but other that that I think I will read this version for a while.
 
Just out of curiosity, why don’t you like the translation as “In the beginning”? I’ve only ever seen it translated in that way.
 
I have been reading the Ronald Knox translation of the NT and like it.
I don’t like the way he translated the opening of St. John’s Gospel: “In the beginning…”, but other that that I think I will read this version for a while.
It doesn’t it reads “At the begining”

the whole line reads: “At the beginning of time the Word already was; and God had the Word abiding with Him, and the Word was God”

I’m rather fond of the Knox translation, esp John’s Gospel, Much of the Wisdom literature from the OT is lovely as well.

I picked up my copy in a second hand bookshop a few years ago, but baronius press are republishing at some point in the future
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top