Rosary mysteries for lent

  • Thread starter Thread starter cor5755
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cor5755

Guest
Hope someone can help me out. I was recently told that during the season of lent, it is best to only pray the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary. Did anyone ever hear this?
Thanks in advance 🙂
 
Yes, the Catholic handbook pamphlet that has prayers and rosary prayers and instructions in it says that sorrowrful mysteries are used from Ash Wednesday until Easter Sunday so that’s what I’m going to do. 🙂
 
Hope someone can help me out. I was recently told that during the season of lent, it is best to only pray the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary. Did anyone ever hear this?
Thanks in advance 🙂
Although the Rosary is recommended and is a powerful prayer it is
a private devotion and not mandatory so you are free to pray it in whatever way you wish.
 
Hope someone can help me out. I was recently told that during the season of lent, it is best to only pray the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary. Did anyone ever hear this?
Thanks in advance 🙂
Yes, it has always been my understanding that you only say the sorrowful mysteries. Doing this really allows you to truely understand the Passion of Christ.
 
Yes, it has always been my understanding that you only say the sorrowful mysteries. Doing this really allows you to truely understand the Passion of Christ.
I repeat that there is NO requirement about what Mysteries are prayed at any time.
There are suggestions ONLY.
I’m not saying it doesn’t make sense to pray the Sorrowful Mysteries during Lent. I just want you to understand it is not obligatory.
 
On EWTN they are running the regular Mysteries… for each day… (i.e., Joyful for Saturday & Monday; Luminous for Thursday… etc.). They did this last year, too. Then during Holy Week… they prayed only the Sorrowful Mysteries.

But I decided that I wanted to walk the 40 days of Lent with Our Lord, in remembrance of His Sacred Passion. So… I will also be praying JUST the Sorrowful Mysteries… (from Ash Wednesday) to Good Friday.

God bless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top