B
babybear
Guest
Could someone please explain to me what I am to make of the footnotes in the RSV-CE2nd edition?
What I want to know is, when reading a verse that has an alternative translation given in the footnote, is the wording in the main body of the text the original version with the footnote being the better Catholic translation - or did they put the better translation in the verse itself and move the original (weaker) translation to the footnote?
(I hope that makes some sense!)
Thank you and God bless!
John
What I want to know is, when reading a verse that has an alternative translation given in the footnote, is the wording in the main body of the text the original version with the footnote being the better Catholic translation - or did they put the better translation in the verse itself and move the original (weaker) translation to the footnote?
(I hope that makes some sense!)
Thank you and God bless!
John