Rumination & Taking Risks

  • Thread starter Thread starter PelagiathePenit
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PelagiathePenit

Guest
I have such a hard time letting things go. I never forget. Anything that has to do with a man and unrequited love takes me decades to do it. Not decades, I’m not that old. I can talk about an issue with every single friend and family thinking talking will give me peace it won’t. I will look at an issue from every single angle to understand their perspective, my own, what went wrong. Part of me feels I do this is avoid actually feeling hurt. I do not want to accept it. Some things have taken me a year to get over. I feel selfish and insensitive, other people have issues too and they want to talk about, but I am always stuck on one. Why can’t I find peace?

I have all these goals of what I want to. The first thing I think of is rejection. Someone out there is better than me. A million ways I will be rejected and how I will fail.
 
I would wager that your goals are of things that would make you fulfilled and happy, and not so much goals of what you have to accomplish, but goals of what you want to happen to you. Is this true or not?

What purpose in life do you have that you need to accomplish in the world, that will not happen if you do not do them? Is there a book that will not be written if you give up on life and do not continue with your learning so you will be suited to write it? Is there a man looking for a faithful Catholic woman to marry and he will not find her if you are not faithfully being Catholic every day and be suited to meet him? Is Christ looking to take you to himself when you die, but will not find you ready if you do not now have a goal of being suited to meet him (see the image of the wise and foolish virgins in the Gospel). Life is expecting things of you - it is not about expecting things to happen to you. God is expecting things of you that need to happen. We are about making the future, and not about wondering what the future will do to us (nor dwelling on what has already been done to us and why).
 
Hello there,

I think not letting go is common amongst humans, but we must! Our Savior Jesus Christ says to as well, as He says not to be like Lot’s wife who looked back. Jesus commands us to wake up and He will wash you of your sins and your past if only you will let Him. He wants you to be free from what ails you and He wants you to enjoy the walk with Him. God uses everything for the good of those who love Him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top