S.O.L.T. - what do you know/think of it?

• Thread starter Thread starter St.Ambrose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Society of our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity… Fr Corapi et al.

MrS

40.png
MrS:
the Society of our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity… Fr Corapi et al.

MrS
I never heard of it. Father Corapi? Where do I find out more?

Our parish has had Fr Corapi for two weekend conferences. But he has priced himself out of our budget, especially when his last conference was not new stuff. I have to admid all his talks are good, some great. But I think the high price of his CDs and tapes are asking a lot. Most CDs are $10 - even the 20-30 minute talks.

I can relate to his experiences, as mine followed a similiar path. And I would go to see him speak again. But why so much money. Nearly $5000 plus expenses and a snotty (IMO) “secretary”? No any time soon.

Apparently he has not collected on his lawsuit yet. That money will go a long way to support the increasing number of missionaries in SOLT.

MrS

I’ve heard of Father Corapi. I have heard him on the radio and tv. How does he fit in with S.O.L.T.?

40.png
SusanL:
I never heard of it. Father Corapi? Where do I find out more?
EWTN for one. He has a regular series on the Catechism which is excellant - spoken for the average man/woman.

I have dozens of his talks (yes even though the price is high, I pay it), and his gruff, blunt, no-holds-barred, approach is so welcome after listening to so many wimpy sermons.

By the way, Fr. Corapi’s mentors: Saint Pio, and Archbishop Sheen.

His conversion story is available from a number of sources for free. Easiest is from www.catholicity.com on either CD or cassette. It ranks with Dr Hahn’s.

MrS

40.png
SusanL:
I’ve heard of Father Corapi. I have heard him on the radio and tv. How does he fit in with S.O.L.T.?
That is the order that he joined. The Franciscans were his first choice, but they asked him to leave (not politely) because of his zeal and love of the Eucharist. Go figure. All the Franciscans I know are wonderful and would love to claim him as their own.

MrS

Bytheway… Fr Corapi tells the story about the 2000 election mess in Florida. Seems that Gov Jeb and wife decided to leave the state in early November because of the chad thing. They went to Guadalupe to pray. There they placed the election in the hands of Our Lady. She could determine who would best serve her son.

Do you remember the day the whole thing concluded in favor of George W.???

Right… Dec 12th

MrS

Padre Pio is his mentor? That’s exciting because Padre Pio is my confirmation saint. I came into the church the same year that Padre Pio was canonized. I just felt a strong pull to have him as my special saint.

BTW, thank you, MrS. You are very informative and very kind. Sue

40.png
MrS:
Bytheway… Fr Corapi tells the story about the 2000 election mess in Florida. Seems that Gov Jeb and wife decided to leave the state in early November because of the chad thing. They went to Guadalupe to pray. There they placed the election in the hands of Our Lady. She could determine who would best serve her son.

Do you remember the day the whole thing concluded in favor of George W.???

Right… Dec 12th

MrS
I remember. I wonder what the anti-Bushies would say about that. 😃

40.png
SusanL:
Padre Pio is his mentor?
He took the name Pio as his seminary name. I remember a story he told about a lady going to confession to Fr Pio,. He looked at the woman and walked quickly away. She pursued him and questioned why he wanted nothing to do with her. He said he looked at her and could only see the souls of her children in Hell … because of her permissiveness. The story is on a tape he did for Homeschoolers. Good stuff

And when he came to our Parish the first time in 1999, I had asked if he would simply meet with some of our teens for a few minutes after the conference (Fri Night, all day Saturday, 9-4 Sunday - boy we did get our money’s worth back then http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon10.gif )

Instead he gathered about 20 of us in the privacy of the rectory basement. And for TWO HOURS we sat in a big circle and just talked. Among other things, it was there he first revealed some of the details in the relationship with his father. Some of this has now been repeated in public. Awesome… that’s the Fr. Corapi I choose to know.

MrS

40.png
SusanL:
I remember. I wonder what the anti-Bushies would say about that. 😃
The only thing I would say is “when did the Bushes become Catholic?”

40.png
mtr01:
Don’t know for sure. I think that Jeb’s wife was already Catholic and he converted. (I’m very glad about that).

40.png
mtr01:
I believe Jeb and his family came home in 1997 - not sure

MrS

Father Corapi is in my opinion one of the greatest human beings that I have ever met. He has played a very large role in my faith. His tapes and video are expensive but well worth every penny. I ask for them for birthdays and Christmas. My new son is Carter John after John the baptist who is the good fathers patron saint.

40.png
Inkman:
Father Corapi is in my opinion one of the greatest human beings that I have ever met. He has played a very large role in my faith. His tapes and video are expensive but well worth every penny. I ask for them for birthdays and Christmas. My new son is Carter John after John the baptist who is the good fathers patron saint.
Congratulations “dad”.

Sons are cool… I have 7 but no daughters, just great daughters-in-law and grand daughters.

Ejoy being a dad. Remember what Fr. Corapi said… “I don’t know how you parents can do it… I could not and perhaps that is why God planned no children for me and made me a priest.”

MrS

40.png
SusanL:
Don’t know for sure. I think that Jeb’s wife was already Catholic and he converted. (I’m very glad about that).
Interesting…I never knew that about the Jeb Bushes. A very belated welcome home from me to them (or him, or however it worked 🙂 )

Regarding Father Corapi I think he is one of the best evangelists of our day. His series on Spiritual Warfare is outstanding and his conversion story is inspiring. SOLT seems to be a semi-monastic order that is pretty solid.

-to the origional question what do you know/think of them, if they are any reflection of Fr. Corapi then i would suggest that they are very
magisterial.
-his series on the Catichism is second to none in quality and teaching.
-another priest that my wife and i know joined this order ( i think based out of Arizona) and according to him it is a growing order with an increase of seminarians.
Psalm 113:2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back