S.O.L.T. - what do you know/think of it?

• Thread starter Thread starter St.Ambrose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I young lady in our parish joined the SOLT sisters. She is a wonderful person and very happy in her vocation.

40.png
Inkman:
Father Corapi is in my opinion one of the greatest human beings that I have ever met. He has played a very large role in my faith. His tapes and video are expensive but well worth every penny. I ask for them for birthdays and Christmas. My new son is Carter John after John the baptist who is the good fathers patron saint.
I have several of Fr. Corapi’s cd’s and am attending an all day conference, with him as the only speaker, October 16, 2004, in Rochester, NY. If anyone is interested you can find it on wlof.com or fathercoropi.com

40.png
MrS:
But he has priced himself out of our budget, especially when his last conference was not new stuff. I have to admid all his talks are good, some great. But I think the high price of his CDs and tapes are asking a lot. Most CDs are $10 - even the 20-30 minute talks.

I can relate to his experiences, as mine followed a similiar path. And I would go to see him speak again. But why so much money. Nearly $5000 plus expenses and a snotty (IMO) “secretary”? No any time soon.

MrS
I was trying to get Scott Hahn to our parish a few years ago and found the same thing - asking an incredible amount of $$! He may be worth it, but it was hard to convince the pastor that amount was warranted.

40.png
MrS:
That is the order that he joined. The Franciscans were his first choice, but they asked him to leave (not politely) because of his zeal and love of the Eucharist. Go figure. All the Franciscans I know are wonderful and would love to claim him as their own.

MrS
This is nothing but slanderous gossip. It has no place on this forum.

There is also no group known as “The Franciscans” as there are many orders that could be called Franciscans.

We can not know why he was “asked to leave” even if he tells us why becuase I highly doubt the order would tell us. So we can not know the whole story. The bottem line is that the order of Franciscans that he tried to join discerned that he was not called there.

I would still like to hear more about the order SOLT because I gather vocations info for my high schoolers. do they have a website? Any members or those familiar with members out there?
Fr. Corapi has been to the Brownsville diocese several times, hosted by one parish but broad advertising and advance ticket sales to pay the price which is modest compared to a lot of other speakers who come down here, especially those selected to speak to Catholic school teachers. Well worth it. I am buying his series on the catechism a few tapes at a time for parish library and CCD/RCIA use. excellent.

solt.org/solt/

Last month 5 new priests were ordained here (C.C., TX) in the SOLT order. One of them is going to Rome and I don’t remember about the rest. I’ll see if I can find an article about them. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back