Sacred story by Father Watson

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giuliajes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Giuliajes

Guest
I am praying through Sacred Story and it has helped me much for my healing and goals, but I am in week 22 about Mercy and having difficulties with forgiveness.
I would like to ask to the people who are related to this if forgiveness is equal to awareness where I denounce my sins for Christ to heal me and not to go back to sin.

Father Watson says that is a sin to keep anger towards another person, but the only way that I have released my anger, anxiety towards the people who wronged me is through awareness. Also by reading the gospels.

Father also mentions that forgiveness is forgiven from the heart.

Thank you
 
This might be something you need to discuss with someone in person, a good priest or holy person.
 
keep anger
might be thirst and hunger for justice (that’s a beatitude btw)

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for what is right; they shall be satisfied.”

Or it might be that you are “hurt”, “wounded” in your person and feelings. In that case it might be a case of “healing” more than “forgiving” or just “forgiving”.

It might be all of the above…You are “hurt”, hunger and thirst for “justice”, and have still something to “forgive”.
 
Last edited:
During my prayer time, I read the Bible and the commentary about what our Lord says in the gospel where He asked to God to forgive for they do not know what they are doing; in the commentary mentions that the meaning is for God to give to the oppressors, enemies a change of heart, repentance, and salvation.

Thanks to God, praise the Lord!

Regarding to my healing, I am noticing God has changed me, I realized now my thoughts and able to give it to Jesus. The forgiveness is more my conversion and the anger for justice YES!
 
I am noticing God has changed me
Some things in life are terribly unjust and painful. It’s good you are turning towards Jesus through your sufferings and cooperating with the continued gift of conversion.
The forgiveness is more my conversion and the anger for justice YES!
I’m happy if I was able to offer a good advice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top