M
MadameV
Guest
Hello,
I honestly don’t know if this is a good place for this question, so I hope I do not cause any trouble for putting it here. It’s my most educated guess.
I know the story of St. Perpetua, a twenty two year old Noble Roman woman and young mother who was martyred along with her slave, St. Felicity, who had recently given birth. St. Perpetua gave one of, if not the first account by a Christian woman.
What just started to bother me is that St. Felicity was her slave. Slavery is a grave moral evil, so why could a saint have had a slave?
Thanks for you for all answers!
I honestly don’t know if this is a good place for this question, so I hope I do not cause any trouble for putting it here. It’s my most educated guess.
I know the story of St. Perpetua, a twenty two year old Noble Roman woman and young mother who was martyred along with her slave, St. Felicity, who had recently given birth. St. Perpetua gave one of, if not the first account by a Christian woman.
What just started to bother me is that St. Felicity was her slave. Slavery is a grave moral evil, so why could a saint have had a slave?
Thanks for you for all answers!