N
nkelly
Guest
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
In my quest to understand my catholic faith better, I have another subject which I would like clarified please.
The Church teaches that “Outside the Church there is no salvation” and it also teaches that salvation is possible for non-catholics but only through the Church.
Now my understanding is this. Jesus, at the last supper, established a New Covenant between God and His people. The conditions of the covenant are that we:

God bless,
Noel.
In my quest to understand my catholic faith better, I have another subject which I would like clarified please.
The Church teaches that “Outside the Church there is no salvation” and it also teaches that salvation is possible for non-catholics but only through the Church.
Now my understanding is this. Jesus, at the last supper, established a New Covenant between God and His people. The conditions of the covenant are that we:
- Believe in Jesus
- Be baptized
- Keep His commandments
- Eat the flesh and drink the blood of Christ in Holy Communion.
- Have I got the conditions correct?
- Is it by the fulfilment of the conditions of the New Coventant
that the Church brings salvation?
Is this the basis of the doctrine of “outside the Church there is no salvation”?
God bless,
Noel.
