Same-Sex Marriage - A Different Spin

• Thread starter Thread starter Dave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be any backlash in Canada or is this going to pass easily?

Michael C:
Will there be any backlash in Canada or is this going to pass easily?
If it passes, there WILL be backlash.

Blessings,

Gerry
Burnaby BC Canada

Gerry Hunter:
If it passes, there WILL be backlash.

Blessings,

Gerry
Burnaby BC Canada
Indeed there will be backlash if this bill is passed, but first we have to do what we can to help prevent it from being passed.

The backlash has already begun, at least in my family. My uncle, a Baptist pastor who usually votes Liberal, is very disheartened by the PM (who claims to be a practicing Catholic, btw) and the party for wanting to ram this legislation through Parliament, regardless of the consequences or implications. He says it’s all about rights, not religion. I’m wondering if he’s just doing this thinking (rationalizing?) that this is somehow the ‘right’ thing to do? I have trouble buying that the majority of Canadians really want a redefinition of marriage.

Don
40.png
Aureole:
Indeed there will be backlash if this bill is passed, but first we have to do what we can to help prevent it from being passed.

From a secularist point of view, yes. I was reminded by a parishoner that God does not override free will. Life is all about making choices, just let God make the judgments. While most of us here disagree with same-sex marriages, we must keep mindful of not runnig the risk of making statements or actions that are hateful or hate-filled. So I guess it would be considered a hate crime for the Liberals not to pass this legislation. But I still don’t think the Liberals are handling it very well.:nope:

Don
40.png
Trelow:
Wouldn’t it be a hate crime for them not to pass it?

40.png
dbarrie_rcia05:
From a secularist point of view, yes. I was reminded by a parishoner that God does not override free will. Life is all about making choices, just let God make the judgments. While most of us here disagree with same-sex marriages, we must keep mindful of not runnig the risk of making statements or actions that are hateful or hate-filled. So I guess it would be considered a hate crime for the Liberals not to pass this legislation. But I still don’t think the Liberals are handling it very well.:nope:

Don
Canada is nuts. if they want to be european so bad, why don’t they just swim over their and leave the beautiful country for us?

I don’t understand why it should be considered a “hate crime” to not allow gays to marry. Would it be a “hate crime” not to allow a pedophile to marry a 12 year-old-boy? No. But the same groups (like NCLU) are trying to make these sorts of things okay. And what exactly is the difference? They want to redefine marriage to use it for their own selfish and perverse purposes. They choose to be sexually deviant people and now they want to pretend that they are just like straight couples and should have all the rights that we have as married people.

What is all this rediculous talk about hate crimes anyway?? If a gay person gets murdered the killer gets extra jail time JUST because he murdered a person out of hatred for them being gay?? How is that ANY worse than murdering someone for any other reason?? Murder is murder. No matter who it is you kill, the penalty should be the same. Otherwise you are saying that SOME people’s lives are more special than others. That’s not fair.

I personally am sickened by that. Being gay is a CHOICE. They have never and will never be able to actually prove otherwise. I don’t really care if gays think I’m a bigot. They are going to think that anyway JUST because I’m Christian. A lot of THEM are bigots. I don’t hate them as people but I sure as heck hate the lifestyle they choose, and I’m not going to pretend that I don’t.

God didn’t create us to do that with our bodies. It’s a crime against God and the nature he created. Does anyone actually think what they do ISN’T disgusting? I happen to know that a lot of people who support gay rights still find the actual acts of what they do togethor sickening. Why, because they know as well as you and I that it is against nature.

I ask you, since when does discrimination mean that you don’t allow a certain group to do something that it is not in their nature to do? Women were never MEANT to marry women, and men were never MEANT to marry men. Even biologically it makes no sense.

Since when is prejudice judging someone based on what they DO? Isn’t that how you’re SUPPOSED to judge people, based on their actions, and not who they are??

Of course. And that’s why gays want to convince everyone that they can’t help being gay. That it’s just “who they are”. When in actuallity it is WHAT THEY DO and not “who they are” that we have a problem with.

They have never been able to prove that being gay isn’t a choice. They’ve tried and tried and failed, because you can’t prove something that isn’t true.

40.png
Christian4life:
I don’t understand why it should be considered a “hate crime” to not allow gays to marry. Would it be a “hate crime” not to allow a pedophile to marry a 12 year-old-boy? No. But the same groups (like NCLU) are trying to make these sorts of things okay. And what exactly is the difference? They want to redefine marriage to use it for their own selfish and perverse purposes. They choose to be sexually deviant people and now they want to pretend that they are just like straight couples and should have all the rights that we have as married people.

What is all this rediculous talk about hate crimes anyway?? If a gay person gets murdered the killer gets extra jail time JUST because he murdered a person out of hatred for them being gay?? How is that ANY worse than murdering someone for any other reason?? Murder is murder. No matter who it is you kill, the penalty should be the same. Otherwise you are saying that SOME people’s lives are more special than others. That’s not fair.

I personally am sickened by that. Being gay is a CHOICE. They have never and will never be able to actually prove otherwise. I don’t really care if gays think I’m a bigot. They are going to think that anyway JUST because I’m Christian. A lot of THEM are bigots. I don’t hate them as people but I sure as heck hate the lifestyle they choose, and I’m not going to pretend that I don’t.

God didn’t create us to do that with our bodies. It’s a crime against God and the nature he created. Does anyone actually think what they do ISN’T disgusting? I happen to know that a lot of people who support gay rights still find the actual acts of what they do togethor sickening. Why, because they know as well as you and I that it is against nature.
I kinda had my tongue in my cheek when asking the question, It’s illegal to even mention that homosexual behavior is anything but normal, it’s a hate crime.

40.png
Christian4life:

I kinda had my tongue in my cheek when asking the question, in Canada it’s illegal to even mention that homosexual behavior is anything but normal, it’s a hate crime.

40.png
dbarrie_rcia05:
The backlash has already begun, at least in my family. My uncle, a Baptist pastor who usually votes Liberal, is very disheartened by the PM (who claims to be a practicing Catholic, btw) and the party for wanting to ram this legislation through Parliament, regardless of the consequences or implications. He says it’s all about rights, not religion. I’m wondering if he’s just doing this thinking (rationalizing?) that this is somehow the ‘right’ thing to do? I have trouble buying that the majority of Canadians really want a redefinition of marriage.

Don
The PM actually threatened his cabinet to vote for the bill or else. Same with the NDP. Now isn’t it kind of sad where you must threaten your own party members to vote for you?

Same-sex “marriage” isn’t about rights if it were the Supreme Court of Canada would have made a decision on it rather than putting it onto Parliament. Now unless I’m mistaken the Supreme Court of Canada is to uphold human rights, no?

I also doubt that the majority of Canadians want a redefinition of marriage, Parliament is complaining about the massive amount of letters, emails, phone calls, what-have-you, opposing same-sex “marriage”. This just shows that same-sex “marriage” is something we Canadians do not want. Hopefully our politicians can figure this out.

Listen to me everyone, please go and read this thread I put up →

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=35725

It is a long read, but I guarantee you it will be insightful and if more people know give a strong support to the pro traditional marriage and family people!

The objective may not be to make marriage equal for gays, but to one day eliminate marriage ALTOGETHER!!!
Please read that thread.

My hope is that here in Canada this falls apart and that we hold another election which hopefully wont be fixed. I have sent this info to Stephen Harper’s office on a letter by e-mail amongst other things, hopefully someone there reads it and uses it. I’m sick of how the Canadian media is treating this whole issue. There are no serious arguments exposed and the liberal supporters come off looking better than the opposition, I swear their arguments as so poor I could single handedly take out the entire government. Thoguh by doing so I’m somehow homophobic… they might as well call me anti-semetic too… Screw these bogus hate crime laws, as a Catholic I feel ready to face jail sentences as long as I’m not alone. This is critical for the society as a whole, the preservation of actual marriage and for our future children whom pedophiles are currently fighting for the right to have sex with.

Listen to me everyone, please go and read this thread I put up →

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?t=35725

It is a long read, but I guarantee you it will be insightful and if more people know give a strong support to the pro traditional marriage and family people!

The objective may not be to make marriage equal for gays, but to one day eliminate marriage ALTOGETHER!!!
Please read that thread.

My hope is that here in Canada this falls apart and that we hold another election which hopefully wont be fixed. I have sent this info to Stephen Harper’s office on a letter by e-mail amongst other things, hopefully someone there reads it and uses it. I’m sick of how the Canadian media is treating this whole issue. There are no serious arguments exposed and the liberal supporters come off looking better than the opposition, I swear their arguments as so poor I could single handedly take out the entire government. Thoguh by doing so I’m somehow homophobic… they might as well call me anti-semetic too… Screw these bogus hate crime laws, as a Catholic I feel ready to face jail sentences as long as I’m not alone. This is critical for the society as a whole, the preservation of actual marriage and for our future children whom pedophiles are currently fighting for the right to have sex with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back