San Francisco/ Bay Area RCIA folks out there?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lufty
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lufty

Guest
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there were any resent RCIA members in San Francisco who have either completed, left, or are still attending RCIA in The City or Bay Area?

I’d love the opportunity to online chat, or get a Private Message discussion going. Perhaps we could discuss our thoughts, feelings, and insights for those of us becoming Baptized Christian for the first time(that would be me), for the first time as a Catholic, etc.Or discuss your thoughts about your local RCIA program, and what you have learned, suprised you, etc.

Thanks,

Enoch
 
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there were any resent RCIA members in San Francisco who have either completed, left, or are still attending RCIA in The City or Bay Area?

I’d love the opportunity to online chat, or get a Private Message discussion going. Perhaps we could discuss our thoughts, feelings, and insights for those of us becoming Baptized Christian for the first time(that would be me), for the first time as a Catholic, etc.Or discuss your thoughts about your local RCIA program, and what you have learned, suprised you, etc.

Thanks,

Enoch
I am not an RCIA member but I do live in the greater Bay Area. Many RCIA classes in the Bay Area teach some really bad, bad stuff, sadly.

May I suggest a wonderful parish to you: St Margaret Mary Church ( www.stmargmaryoak.org ) in Oakland. I travel all the way from Fairfield just to go to Mass there !!!

They have a WONDERFUL Mass. They do it just like they do on EWTN: A sort of English/Latin hybrid, with all the traditional music, incense, etc. I highly recommend it. They also have confession DURING every Mass. Its really really a wonderful parish.

 
Thank you for the suggestion! The Mass there sounds interesting, perhaps I’ll take a look once I start RCIA. I would feel out of place visiting a Catholic Church by myself, and not being baptized.
 
Thank you for the suggestion! The Mass there sounds interesting, perhaps I’ll take a look once I start RCIA. I would feel out of place visiting a Catholic Church by myself, and not being baptized.
Oh, you haven’t started RCIA yet? Then you might want to sign up at that Parish. That way you can avoid the possibility of getting into a bad RCIA program.

I don’t want to disillusion you, but once you become a Catholic and have been in for a few years, you will learn that there are many dissenters who have infiltrated the Church and teach bad things at some parishes. Thats one of the things this particular website was meant to combat.

Its good that you are signed up at this site. You will get good info here. But I do recommend looking into the RCIA class at St Margaret Mary Church ( www.stmargmaryoak.org ) in Oakland.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top