Saying something wrong without thinking and immediately repenting

  • Thread starter Thread starter yu4
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yu4

Guest
Hello. Saying something wrong (not an offense to someone, but just answering a question or manifesting an opinion that it is clearly against Church’s commandment) and then immediately repenting can be a mortal sin?

I did this recently by demonstrating disapproval (verbally) to my group in an event that we are organizing about letting some poor people entering and eating leftover food from the buffet. I immeadiately realized that this was wrong.

Could that be a sin? I felt like I didn’t think, just said that and 5 seconds after repented.
 
Please discuss this with your priest. This forum isn’t the place to figure out whether what you did was mortal or not.
 
Yet, it is packed with this kind of posts… Just let people say what they want. If they aren’t offending anyone, stating that personal opinions to a person that explicitly asked then, how this can be wrong?!
 
Last edited:
Yet, it is packed with this kind of posts… Just let people say what they want. If they aren’t offending anyone, stating that personal opinions to a person that explicitly asked then, how this can be wrong?!
It’s not a matter of offense. It’s a matter of basically no one here being qualified to tell you that. Those personal opinions are regarding the state of your soul, a matter too important to get wrong, especially by people with no qualifications.
 
40.png
yu4:
Yet, it is packed with this kind of posts… Just let people say what they want. If they aren’t offending anyone, stating that personal opinions to a person that explicitly asked then, how this can be wrong?!
It’s not a matter of offense. It’s a matter of basically no one here being qualified to tell you that. Those personal opinions are regarding the state of your soul, a matter too important to get wrong, especially by people with no qualifications.
There are priest, people that read a lot about the doctrine, that may had an alike situation that can share, confession tips that they get from their priests. How they are not qualified? Not even to share their own life events?! It’s even more illuminating than getting the opinion of just one priest in a confession.

For example, I really would love to know your opinion. I am asking you, knowing your limitations. It would certainly be much more helpful. Of course you have an opinion. If you see yourself in this situation. Would you go to a confessionary and stopping recieving communion while? It is a simple question.
 
Last edited:
There are priest, people that read a lot about the doctrine, that may had an alike situation that can share, confession tips that they get from their priests. How they are not qualified?
There’s only one priest on this entire forum, and I can tell you he’d tell you what I just did. You’re not asking for confession tips: you’re asking whether what you did was a mortal sin.
For example, I really would love to know your opinion.
I gave you my opinion, and you didn’t like it.
I am asking you, knowing your limitations.
You don’t know my limitations or who I am. I can be anyone writing anything to you on this matter.
 
I can see you are regular here for 4 years, that read more then 20,000 topics. Maybe you lived a similiar situation or have heard about something that could just give me some light. Priests are too much busy, sometimes an easy question can be answered between laity if it appears a clear consensus. You could tell me what you would do in my place. Anyone could, but here some people sonly answer “talk to a priest”. I think we can share a little bit more. You can say “In my opinion…BUT you should talk to a priest”.
 
I can see you are regular here for 4 years, that read more then 20,000 topics. Maybe you lived a similiar situation or have heard about something that could just give me some light.
You’re assuming I’m not giving you my best advice. I am.
Priests are too much busy
But they have time to hear confessions, which is where you should ask your question.
sometimes an easy question can be answered between laity if it appears a clear consensus
It’s not easy. A consensus does not decide whether or not sin is mortal or not. You should not be leaving this up to by a “majority opinion”. That is not how examining your conscience works.
 
Priests are too much busy, sometimes an easy question can be answered between laity if it appears a clear consensus.
A priest is not too busy if you queue up and ask him about it at Confession, ask the priest there. I think he’ll give you better advice than a bunch of laity.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top