SCANDAL - Catholic College To Give Hillary Clinton An Honorary Doctoral Degree!

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholicious
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholicious

Marymount Manhattan College in New York City plans to give Sen. Hillary Clinton an honorary doctoral degree on Friday, May 20, when she is also scheduled to deliver the school’s commencement address. This women is at emnity with everything the Catholic Church stands for. The Catholic laity needs to speak out against this imminent scandal. Here are some relevant links, it looks like people are contacting the school and the diocese as listed below … I am about to do the same. We must speak out!

Office of the President
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71st Street
New York, NY 10021
(212) 517-0560

Judson R. Shaver, Ph.D.
President
jshaver@mmm.edu

Archdiocese of New York
Cardinal Edward Egan

1011 First Avenue
New York NY 10022-4134
212-371-1000
e-mail: contactus@archny.org

Links:
http://marymount.mmm.edu/cgi-bin/MySQLdb?MYSQL_VIEW=/news/view_one.txt&newsid=233

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive00504\NAT20050421a.html

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=%5CCulture%5Carchive%5C200501%5CCUL20050131a.html

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1384682/posts

Aside from barraging them with phone calls and emails, how best can we affect their pocket books? THAT’s the way to reach them…where it counts…where it matters.

Who can we contact - a board of trustees perhaps?
Can we get a list of longtime financial contributors???
Can we write to them?

Heck, I like Hilary and appreciate all she’s done (more good than bad, imo)…but Catholic Universities - all Catholic organizations funded with parishioner monies need to be held accountable to Rome and our US Bishops. This is a clear crossing of that line that cannot be tolerated.

Cardinals and Bishops need to act when Catholic institutions do things like this. That is how we can make a difference, try to convince them to act. I am praying the election of Pope Benedict XVI will give our Cardinals and Bishops more personal strength to do something.

Oh, I am so glad that Benedict XVI, even before he became Pope, had scheduled a conference about “catholic colleges”. Maybe now all colleges wanting to call themselves “Catholic” will require their teachers to sign the “Mandatum” that they will teach authentic and orthodox Catholic teachings, rather than schedule the “Vagina Monologues” and require mandatory attendence of theater majors and award honorary degrees to people who oppose Catholic teachings loudly and often.

40.png
milimac:
A doctorate in what?!
She will be receiving a Doctorate of Philisophy in Moral Relativism, it is the degree of choice at most modern Catholic Universities.

40.png
YinYangMom:
Aside from barraging them with phone calls and emails, how best can we affect their pocket books? THAT’s the way to reach them…where it counts…where it matters.

Who can we contact - a board of trustees perhaps?
Can we get a list of longtime financial contributors???
Can we write to them?

Heck, I like Hilary and appreciate all she’s done (more good than bad, imo)…but Catholic Universities - all Catholic organizations funded with parishioner monies need to be held accountable to Rome and our US Bishops. This is a clear crossing of that line that cannot be tolerated.
Contact their alumni group.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
She will be receiving a Doctorate of Philisophy in Moral Relativism, it is the degree of choice at most modern Catholic Universities.
She’d be a great candidate to continue the dictatorship of relativism in this country then!

Not to misconstrue your use of the term “modern”, but I have the impression that the newer Catholic universities are more loyal to Catholic teaching than many of the old ones. Contrasting Georgetown & Notre Dame with Ave Maria & Steubenville comes to mind.

I sent a joint email to President Judson R. Shaver, Ph.D. jshaver@mmm.edu] and **Cardinal Edward Egan contactus@archny.org] **so that they were aware that both were being contacted. Let’s hope this does some good. We cannot allow Catholics and non-Catholics alike to be confused as to what the Catholic Church stands for. Permitting this scandal to occur would do exactly that. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back