Scapular and Novenas

  • Thread starter Thread starter chiibug
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chiibug

Guest
I recently enrolled in the brown scapular confraternity. My priest gave me permission to pray the rosary daily. If I wanted to take pray a Novena, should I say an additional rosary, or should I dedicate 9 rosaries to the prayer request?

Sorry if this is a dumb question 🤷
 
You don’t need to say 9 rosaries daily to make a novena.

One set of prayers or devotions each day for nine days is suficient to create a novena.

If you already pray the Rosary every day, you could pray a second Rosary each day for those nine days…or choose another set of prayers, or daily Mass to make the novena.

Alternately, if you wished to make your daily Rosary into a kind of continuous set of novenas, you could offer one Rosary each day.

God bless you.
And welcome to Catholic Answers Forums
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top