Scapular blessings

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiesIrae
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DiesIrae

Guest
I’m considering the possibility of wearing a scapular. Either the Green Scapular of the Paulists (Green Scapular of Conversion) or the Scapular of St. Michael the Archangel (or maybe both). I can find all the information regarding the actual wearing and the conditions and duties etc. but was wondering about actually having the scapular(s) blessed by a priest. Can I ask any priest to do it, does he have to seek any permission to do it and is there a formula for the blessing of these particular scapulars if so where will I find it?

Thank you!
 
I wear the green scapular, and got it blessed by the local priest, I’m sure any priest will bless it for you! 🙂
 
I’m considering the possibility of wearing a scapular. Either the Green Scapular of the Paulists (Green Scapular of Conversion) or the Scapular of St. Michael the Archangel (or maybe both). I can find all the information regarding the actual wearing and the conditions and duties etc. but was wondering about actually having the scapular(s) blessed by a priest. Can I ask any priest to do it, does he have to seek any permission to do it and is there a formula for the blessing of these particular scapulars if so where will I find it?

Thank you!
In the references section, there’s the Roman Ritual. What you want is volume 2, it has these.
 
when i bought my scapular it came with instructions for the wearer and priest.
 
Any priest or deacon can enroll you in the scapular.

Incidentally, you must be enrolled with an actual scapular, but afterward can substitute a scapular medal to wear.

God bless,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top