T
theotikos
Guest
newadvent.org/cathen/13508b.htm
I decided to post a topic about scapulars in general and bring attention to the scapular I personally wear. You know I have talked to a religious person of another faith and he said he does not wear nor use images to profess his faith because he believes it is idol worship. So I really don’t know why I brought that up but I think its interesting to note that even Christians of other sects may question why we have such peculiarities like scapulars. One Christian acquaintance once asked me more like told me, why do you wear Jesus on a cross if he is resurrected? I really did not get into it with her, I quickly forgot and certainly didn’t think any of it. However for some reason I just remembered what she had said a long time ago. I myself find it fascinating that G-d (btw I am borrowing the Jewish custom of writing God with a dash on o because I like that they do this to revere His holy name)… wishes to help us by a simple act of wearing a scapular. And to reject or counter argue the claims mentioned above, simply refer them to the history of Jews and their customs which obviously precede Jesus and by which is his lineage or race. In the book of Exodus, Moses instructed the Jewish people enslaved by Pharaoh to have blood on their doors thereby escaping the angel of death to not slay them. G-d only knows I wish He (no gender obviously, He denotes father of creation) that I wish it weren’t so that G-d has attributes of divine justice and wrath just as it is G-d’s nature to be loving and merciful. I know it sounds eery to me but I know that G-d is I AM THAT I AM and does not show partiality to anyone therefore you move when the Lord says move and you better move quick!!! lol. Back to the scapular, well in this same way, the scapular is a sign of fidelity or devotion and the Father knows and therefore rewards and sees all.
Here is information about a scapular that I know is such a grace, so much that I am mystified by it. And I am one not to take promises or commandments of private revelation light. In general, I believe it and know it, yet to do their requests faithfully is something I would like to do better. The would be that I am! oh lordy! I could use prayer in this.
sacramentals.com/ScapularofBenediction.htm
*“And the blood shall be for you for a sign on the houses where you are, and I shall see the blood and I shall pass over you, and there shall not be among you a plague to destroy.” (Exodus 12:13)
*
Advertised ‘Free Brown Scapular’ you can visit but do investigate yourself, I already have one and received it from a local priest.
freebrownscapular.com/
totallycatholic.com/subcat.php?cid=54&id=151
*** Have any scapular you have blessed by a priest. This is something we have to do. For instance, when Mary enters a room or gathering of believers that have come to hear her message through a visionary, she always blesses their sacramentals, rosaries, and such herself and even kisses them. This is obviously because she is the spouse of the Holy Spirit… Point being have them blessed by a priest. They get this often and will do it for you, its not heard***
I decided to post a topic about scapulars in general and bring attention to the scapular I personally wear. You know I have talked to a religious person of another faith and he said he does not wear nor use images to profess his faith because he believes it is idol worship. So I really don’t know why I brought that up but I think its interesting to note that even Christians of other sects may question why we have such peculiarities like scapulars. One Christian acquaintance once asked me more like told me, why do you wear Jesus on a cross if he is resurrected? I really did not get into it with her, I quickly forgot and certainly didn’t think any of it. However for some reason I just remembered what she had said a long time ago. I myself find it fascinating that G-d (btw I am borrowing the Jewish custom of writing God with a dash on o because I like that they do this to revere His holy name)… wishes to help us by a simple act of wearing a scapular. And to reject or counter argue the claims mentioned above, simply refer them to the history of Jews and their customs which obviously precede Jesus and by which is his lineage or race. In the book of Exodus, Moses instructed the Jewish people enslaved by Pharaoh to have blood on their doors thereby escaping the angel of death to not slay them. G-d only knows I wish He (no gender obviously, He denotes father of creation) that I wish it weren’t so that G-d has attributes of divine justice and wrath just as it is G-d’s nature to be loving and merciful. I know it sounds eery to me but I know that G-d is I AM THAT I AM and does not show partiality to anyone therefore you move when the Lord says move and you better move quick!!! lol. Back to the scapular, well in this same way, the scapular is a sign of fidelity or devotion and the Father knows and therefore rewards and sees all.
Here is information about a scapular that I know is such a grace, so much that I am mystified by it. And I am one not to take promises or commandments of private revelation light. In general, I believe it and know it, yet to do their requests faithfully is something I would like to do better. The would be that I am! oh lordy! I could use prayer in this.
sacramentals.com/ScapularofBenediction.htm
*“And the blood shall be for you for a sign on the houses where you are, and I shall see the blood and I shall pass over you, and there shall not be among you a plague to destroy.” (Exodus 12:13)
*
Advertised ‘Free Brown Scapular’ you can visit but do investigate yourself, I already have one and received it from a local priest.
freebrownscapular.com/
totallycatholic.com/subcat.php?cid=54&id=151
*** Have any scapular you have blessed by a priest. This is something we have to do. For instance, when Mary enters a room or gathering of believers that have come to hear her message through a visionary, she always blesses their sacramentals, rosaries, and such herself and even kisses them. This is obviously because she is the spouse of the Holy Spirit… Point being have them blessed by a priest. They get this often and will do it for you, its not heard***