Schoenstatt?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shari
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shari

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had heard of the Schoenstatt movement. I have recently become involved with a new group that started in my area and am really enjoying it. It is a Marian devotional and teaches how to be a better mother and wife with God right there all the time. Well I was just wondering about anyones thoughts.

Thanks,
Shari

40.png
Shari:
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had heard of the Schoenstatt movement. I have recently become involved with a new group that started in my area and am really enjoying it. It is a Marian devotional and teaches how to be a better mother and wife with God right there all the time. Well I was just wondering about anyones thoughts.

Thanks,
Shari
I have not heard of them. Their organization and mission statement sounds quite good. I did find they have a link on Our Sunday Visitor website so they must be an Orthodox group anyway. If you are growing and learning it sounds they are exactly what they set out to be. Catholic and Marian.
Best Wish’s,
Marie

osv.com/links/view-link.asp?category=Catholic%20Organizations

Marie thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
Yes I am really liking it. Our priest really recommended it. Right now I am learning how to stop and see God in everything. I would recommend it to women looking to become a better wife and mother and just have more holy family life.

God Bless,
Shari

40.png
Shari:
Marie thanks for your (name removed by moderator)ut.
Yes I am really liking it. Our priest really recommended it. Right now I am learning how to stop and see God in everything. I would recommend it to women looking to become a better wife and mother and just have more holy family life.

God Bless,
Shari
It does sound wonderful. Keep us posted on it as you grow and experience the graces.
jmj,
Marie

We have a Schoenstatt movement in our parish which includes groups for girls, boys, singles, couples and mothers. It is a wonderful movement, based on Marian devotion. It is beneficial to all who participate. A Schoenstatt shrine is going to be built in our diocese soon, which will be a wonderful place to go as a pilgrimage.

I believe we may have a convent or retreat center nearby where I live. I was taught my catechism by Schoenstatt sisters…as a kid, I never even knew that was their name.

Story 🙂

40.png
Regi:
We have a Schoenstatt movement in our parish which includes groups for girls, boys, singles, couples and mothers. It is a wonderful movement, based on Marian devotion. It is beneficial to all who participate. A Schoenstatt shrine is going to be built in our diocese soon, which will be a wonderful place to go as a pilgrimage.
Two of my children will start (hopefully) this fall in a group. Please pray we can find a man willing to head up the boys group otherwise it will just be my daughter participating. I am glad there are others out there who have heard of this.

40.png
Shari:
Hi,

Thanks,
Shari
My pastor is a member of the movement. It is quite orthodox (and Marian centered). We have a shrine/retreat center about an hour (or 1 1/2 hours) from where I live. I go there every once in a while when I want do some peaceful meditating. My oldest and middle daughters were active in their youth group in the parish.

Dear Sheri,
We have a Schoenstatt retreat center complete with an exact replica of the orriginal chapel in Germany (its beautiful). It is located in Sleepy Eye, Minnesota, and two of my daughters have visited for week long retreats there. They are definetely orthodox and true to the faith. My daughters have grown in their faith with the other girls at these retreats. They have recently added a program for boys and I believe they are soon adding an adult program as well. I highly recommend it. 🙂

Smooser

I also have heard many good things about Schoenstatt.

I look forward to hearing more about it on this forum.

Maria

I went to Schoenstatt on a retreat when our family lived in Germany (Air Force). That was about 15 years ago. It was a beautiful experience and definitely in line with Church teachings.

I believe the founder (saw a picture…he could be a brother to Fr. Solanus Casey) and the main group is in either Wisconsin or Minnesota.

Our pastor is a Schoenstatt Priest who spent 10 years as pastor in Germany.

At one time we had a few “traveling” Marian pictures and information. Very good stuff. I will have to inquire more about their center.

Is Shoenstatt a person or a place, can you give more info on the origins of this movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back