• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Scientist who allegedly led Iran’s military nuclear program killed​

NOVEMBER 27, 2020

An Iranian scientist that Israel alleged led the Islamic Republic’s military nuclear program until its disbanding in the early 2000s was “assassinated” Friday, state television said. Israel declined to immediately comment on the killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, who Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu once called out in a news conference saying: “Remember that name.”

Israel has long been suspected of carrying out a series of targeted killings of Iranian nuclear scientists nearly a decade ago.

State TV Friday cited sources confirming the death. It said it would offer more information shortly.
More:

Scientist who allegedly led Iran’s military nuclear program killed - CBS News

We just had some other episode like this in the past two weeks.

Good source for happenings in Iran, an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) might have been fired at a Nissan and others killed. These are rather wild occurrences right now.

Just wow.

Lots of news from Heshmat above from Iran, some people say the account is actually a group of people. I have no idea.

Last edited:

Iran Confirms Top Nuclear Scientist Assassinated in Tehran​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Fars News Agency via AP

JOHN HAYWARD

27 Nov 2020

Iranian state media reported on Friday morning that top nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated near the capital city of Tehran by unidentified “terrorists” after a fierce battle with his security team.

Fakhrizadeh was described as the “father of the Iranian bomb” in a famous 2018 presentation by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. . . .

. . . Tasnim reported explosives were used in the attack and “a number of people have been killed in the incident,” possibly including relatives of Fakhrizadeh who were traveling with him. . . .

. . . Tasnim reported explosives were used in the attack and “a number of people have been killed in the incident,” possibly including relatives of Fakhrizadeh who were traveling with him.

Iran’s Fars news agency says the attack included “an explosion and machine gun fire.”

“Eyewitness accounts confirmed that Fakhrizadeh’s car came under attack first by a blast and then by two terrorist teams who sprayed bullets at his car as they moving in opposite directions. Eyewitnesses also said three to four individuals, most likely all terrorists, have been killed in the attack,” Fars reported, stating that at least two other dead bodies were spotted at the hospital.

Iran’s PressTV quoted Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif claiming there was evidence of Israeli involvement in the attack. . . .

Yeah the hawks are still thirsty for war with Iran. Hopefully Biden isn’t stupid enough to give it to them.

Seth Frantzman:
The killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh in Iran, a key nuclear engineer behind Iran’s clandestine nuke program, was not just a hit, it was a bloody and symbolic killing. According to the photos posted online he wasn’t just killed, one of the cars in his entourage was eviscerated and the other peppered with bullet holes. This was a hit like the killing of Gambino crime boss Paul Castellano in New York in 1985, a serious assassination that shows the power of those responsible and shows that any Iranian linked to the nuclear program can be found and killed.

He was shot down on a road in broad daylight. This was not a clandestine hit, but a brutal clear killing, the destruction of a major and well-known Iranian figure. He was not well known like Iran’s foreign minister, not a glad-hander who sucks up to western politicians and is known for nice suits and “moderation,” but a man well known in intelligence circles, among the kinds of people who follow Iran. They say he was not a “household name.” But in the households where people know about Iran’s nuclear efforts, ostensibly on hold since the Iran nuclear deal in 2015, he was known. Iran has been increasing its advanced centrifuges in the last years and enriching uranium. One key nuclear site, Natanz, was impacted by sabotage in July.
More:

Ineresting analysis, the author is well known.

So, this appears to be a real Special Forces operation. Commandos, maybe other countries could have aided this too.

Last edited:
they are fine with extrajudicial murder,same with muslims.

Israel launches airstrike against Iranian targets in Syria (foxnews.com)
ISRAEL

Published November 18

Israel launches airstrike against Iranian targets in Syria​

In a rare instance, the Israeli Army shared information about the attack and released a video of the strikes​

By Yonat Friling | Fox News

The Israeli air force conducted overnight airstrikes against eight targets controlled by the Iranian Al Quds forces stationed in Syria.

According to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), among the targets hit were storage facilities, headquarters and military compounds controlled by the Iranian Al Quds forces and Syrian armed forces. In addition, Syrian advanced surface-to-air missile batteries were struck after they fired at Israeli warplanes.

Syrian state news agency SANA said three soldiers were killed and one was injured in the attack. There was no immediate information on Iranian casualties.
Israel is making airstrikes on Syria all the time, against usually Iranian, Hezbollah type targets. There was even that one mishap with a Russian supply plane I believe. This happens weekly. Yet, nothing seems to ever be done back in response.

I think they are usually going after weapons, there have been over 100 of these strikes.

Before the next presidential inauguration, depending, I do think a big strike is conceivable, probably the Nantz nuclear facility. Conceivable, I’m not saying likely but we may well see more action.

Just came in:

Obama CIA chief Brennan condemns Iranian scientist’s assassination; conservatives push back - Washington Times

Yes, generally, I am against any covert operation that involves assassinating anyone. Now, if there is a real threat out there, I’d need to know the facts then.

Last edited:
Good. I’m not usually a big fan of Israel but I love it when they take direct action against their enemies instead of expecting the US to do their leg work.

Israeli minister says ‘has no clue’ who killed Iranian nuclear scientist​

WiresSaturday 28 November 2020

Israeli cabinet minister Tzachi Hanegbi said on Saturday he had “no clue” who was behind the killing of a top Iranian nuclear scientist in Tehran.

“I have no clue who did it. It’s not that my lips are sealed because I’m being responsible, I really have no clue,” Hanegbi, a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, told N12’s Meet the Press.

Prominent Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated east of the capital Tehran on Friday, Iran’s defense ministry confirmed in a statement.
Israeli minister says ‘has no clue’ who killed Iranian nuclear scientist | Al Arabiya English

So a bit of a denial here.

That would take some doing to actually operate a commando raid like this and make this strike on the outskirts of Teheran. It sounds like something that would be in a movie. Who else could have done it? USA? Some other country with an interest to get at this person??

Daily Mail is running an article saying Mossad did do it and details. Of course, we don’t run, I don’t, Daily Mail articles, there is a prohibition but… an elaborate plot…

Last edited:
More of this story has come out:
The Iranian nuclear scientist assassinated Friday east of Tehran was shot by a remote-controlled machine gun operating out of another car, the semi-official Fars News Agency said Sunday.

With top Iranian officials blaming Israel, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei and others have promised revenge for the killing of Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, who was the country’s chief nuclear scientist…

There were conflicting accounts from Iranian news agencies about how the attack unfolded.
More:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/world...cle_367021fa-093c-5e30-addc-071c2a0dd951.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...ral-slain-military-nuclear-scientist-74456156

Yeah the hawks are still thirsty for war with Iran. Hopefully Biden isn’t stupid enough to give it to them.
The “hawks” are not part of the Trump administration. He hasn’t involved us in a new war. Obama/ Biden did.

48.png
JonNC:
The “hawks” are not part of the Trump administration.
Not anymore if you count Bolton et al. But Biden isn’t likely to pick them for anything.
There are Democrat versions of John Bolton

Does the name Hillary Clinton ring a bell? I know she probably will not be selected but she certainly got us into conflicts, Libya, civil war that lasted years, Syria…

I don’t mind Libya so much but we needed troops on the ground if we undertook the act to make sure it was stable.

Iraq is a mess and continues, Iran got funded well by Obama/Clinton/Biden and went to war in Yemen and else where.

If Biden does become president, the world is relatively peaceful, better now than versus when Trump came in and ISIS was raging.

Egypt, another disaster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back