Scripture in the Mass

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ahs

Guest
I know this has been talked about before, but I kinda need a quick reference. Does anyone have a reference that takes a look at all the Scripture that is spoken and read during the Mass NOT COUNTING the readings.

Thanks! 🙂
 
pianistclare, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much! 😃
 
Me too. I thought that was beautiful I booked marked the Burning Bush page. It looks interesting.
 
I know this has been talked about before, but I kinda need a quick reference. Does anyone have a reference that takes a look at all the Scripture that is spoken and read during the Mass NOT COUNTING the readings.

Thanks! 🙂
Almost all of the antiphons, responsorials and other prayers are from the Psalms, proverbs and canticles found in The Bible. If you get a Missal it will give a lot of the Scriptural chapter and verse references for thest.
 
Remember though that the Mass preceded scripture (or at least the compilation of the Old Testament books and the writing of the New Testament).
 
Remember though that the Mass preceded scripture (or at least the compilation of the Old Testament books and the writing of the New Testament).
Ooh…great point. What a great way to lead into the fact that the Church is THE “Bible Church”…so much so that the Bible quotes parts of the Mass. 😃

Okay, so I took the information from the links provided and compiled them together and wrote an apologetics introduction to it.

For your viewing pleasure: Scripture in the Mass: How Biblical IS it?

Enjoy!
 
Ooh…great point. What a great way to lead into the fact that the Church is THE “Bible Church”…so much so that the Bible quotes parts of the Mass. 😃

Okay, so I took the information from the links provided and compiled them together and wrote an apologetics introduction to it.

For your viewing pleasure: Scripture in the Mass: How Biblical IS it?

Enjoy!
thanks! I added it to my “Favorites” 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top