J
Janks
Guest
I’m looking for all the scriptural references to Mary, whether New Testament or Old Testament, direct or indirect, I’m trying to compile a complete list for my own personal uses. Any verse will be helpful! Thanks
Do you have a concordance? You could look up “Mary” and see what you come up with. There are 54 references to the name Mary not necessarily Mary the mother of Jesus. They are all in the NT.I’m looking for all the scriptural references to Mary, whether New Testament or Old Testament, direct or indirect, I’m trying to compile a complete list for my own personal uses. Any verse will be helpful! Thanks
I have no idea either.Didn’t even think of that. I went to the back of my bible and found this verse related to Mary but I’m confused how it is connected to Mary.
“Daughters of kings are your lovely wives; a princess arrayed in Ophir’s gold comes to stand at your right hand.” Psalm 45:10
I definately don’t understand the connection here.
This is great. I hope Janks sees it.
The Hebrew pronoun, according to Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary, is not gender-specific (it can mean “he,” “she,” or “it.”) The majority of translations follow the usual grammatic pattern of the pronoun refering to the most recent noun - in this case, “her seed.”“I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.” Genesis 3:15
Now in the New standard translation unfortunately, it says ‘HE shall crush thy head’. But it really is supposed to be ‘she (referring to Mary’).
Agreed. Same thing at the Cross - “Woman, behold your son.” - speaking to her role as the New Eve.Jesus at the wedding at cana-instead of calling his mother ‘Mary’, he instead calls her ‘woman.’ Why? Well to remind us Christians that SHE was the one spoken of in the old testament.
not necessarily - and as just pointed out, not necessary for the point to be valid.That SHE is the one who shall crush Satan’s Head.
What he said . . .To fulfill this belief, Jesus call his mother ‘woman’ when he was on the cross.
When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. John 19:26 Mary isn’t just ‘woman’, she isn’t just A woman…Mary is** THE** woman.![]()