I am still in my bible studying infancy. I am looking for a verse from the Gospels in which our Lord says something to the effect, “Why do you call me Master (Lord?) and not do what I say?”
Can anyone here help me to locate this passage? Much thanks.
God Bless
I am not a scholar, but the scripture you are referring is very important to all of us. Let us all pray that we are not only hearers of the words of Jesus Christ, but doers.
6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
Luke 6:46-49, Also in Matt.7:21-23.
May God give us all the grace through Jesus Christ to do His will.