J
Juanshark25
Guest
Yesterday morning I bought something for $50 to do some work on my truck. It ended up not working on my truck because it was too small. I returned it yesterday evening. When I returned it I told the cashier I tried to use it but it didn’t work on my truck. He looked at it and accepted the return.
A couple minutes after driving off I second guessed if I did the morally wrong thing. I did damage one of the pieces and at the time I didn’t think to disclose that and show it to the cashier. I only told him I used it and it didn’t work. Everything is still usable and in working condition but it’s just scratched and banged up in one spot.
I actually called the store this morning to explain that I had done minor damage to one the items. The store clerk told me not to worry about it.
I understand its probably not a mortal sin because I didn’t intentionally do it. However I still feel a cloud of guilt that I sinned against God. I think I’m beginning to have some serious scruples. Any advice on what you guys think this situation and how to deal with scrupulousity would be very much appreciated.
A couple minutes after driving off I second guessed if I did the morally wrong thing. I did damage one of the pieces and at the time I didn’t think to disclose that and show it to the cashier. I only told him I used it and it didn’t work. Everything is still usable and in working condition but it’s just scratched and banged up in one spot.
I actually called the store this morning to explain that I had done minor damage to one the items. The store clerk told me not to worry about it.
I understand its probably not a mortal sin because I didn’t intentionally do it. However I still feel a cloud of guilt that I sinned against God. I think I’m beginning to have some serious scruples. Any advice on what you guys think this situation and how to deal with scrupulousity would be very much appreciated.