SEAL Team Six Rescues American Hostage in West Africa

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
C

Cathoholic

SEAL Team Six Rescues American Hostage in West Africa​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images

CHARLIE SPIERING

31 Oct 2020

SEAL Team Six rescued an American hostage in West Africa, according to reports.

American citizen, Philip Walton, 27, was kidnapped for ransom from his back yard in Niger last week, according to ABC News.

Reuters reported that six gunmen on motorbikes with AK-47s seized Walton and left his family and brother tied up in their home.

The daring SEAL Team operation was conducted in the early morning hours of October 31. The team killed all but one of the seven captors, ABC News stated … .

. . . “This American citizen is safe and is now in the care of the U.S. Department of State,” Pentagon chief spokesperson Jonathan Hoffman said. “No U.S military personnel were injured during the operation.”

President Donald Trump previewed the news on Saturday.
“Big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces today,” he wrote on Twitter. “Details to follow!”
Big win for our very elite U.S. Special Forces today. Details to follow!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2020 . . .

Any knowledge why he was kidnapped? What was his profession, if you know…

Any knowledge why he was kidnapped? What was his profession, if you know…
I know what his profession is. Why not ask me? I already posted this but that is fine to post again.

How odd, he has a farm in southern Niger and I think the article says he already returned to his farm.
40.png
U.S. citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in military operation World News
So, this US citizen has a farm in Niger? Also, I"m hearing the Seals did the rescue. U.S. citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in military operation Philipe Nathan Walton was taken from his farm in southern Niger early Tuesday. By ASSOCIATED PRESS 10/31/2020 09:43 AM EDT An American citizen kidnapped in the West African nation of Niger this past week has been rescued in a U.S. military operation in neighboring Nigeria, a U.S. official told The Associated Press on Saturday. Philipe Nathan Wal…

But the operation itself to rescue him sounds like it took place in northern Nigeria.

So, these abductors sound a bit like petty criminals, we will find out more.

No need to thank me, I was glad to help out.

So, this American citizen, Philip Walton, 27.
  1. Has a farm in southern Niger.
  2. Apparently, the US saw it important enough to rescue him.
It sure makes one wonder if there is more to the story here.

I don’t know.

I’m glad the victim of the crime is OK and our American soldiers are fine though.

Prayers out for all including the perpetrators (who victimized themselves in their own deed) who left this world in this manner and are now going before God almighty to be judged.

Last edited:
I can barely believe this young “farmer” already went back to his farm after this. I guess, he could get some good security or the government might provide it for him. But still, what a serious situation to already return. The story is rather puzzling.

Of course, I read in one of the stories how health workers were murdered out there, so that might be the reason for the rescue operation.

Back