Searching for a Christian Family Therapist in San Diego area

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jessica112
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jessica112

Guest
Can anyone local give me a recommendation on a family therapist who is not hostile to Christianity?

A little background. Our family is from the Midwest. My husband and I, both cradle Catholics, still reside in the Midwest. We have been married for 35 years. One of our daughters is a dedicated educator, who lives in the San DIego area. Sadly, in college and after, she drifted away from the church. Although we were aware of this, both my husband and I knew we were not well versed enough in our faith to evangelize her with any success, so we did not challenge her atheism. We supported and participated in her secular wedding without protest. It was a joyous day for us. Unfortunately, she recently learned that we are growing deeper in our faith. She has deep anger at the Catholic church, and sees our faith as problematic. Thanks to our parish and also Catholic Radio, I have recently become more adept at apologetics with others yet, with my own daughter, things are getting worse. She has decided to become estranged from us and now hardly speaks to us. My husband and I are heartbroken. In a last ditch effort, she has agreed to speak to me, but only if I come to San Diego and see her in the presence of a therapist. I asked if I could choose a therapist and she said that i could look online and find a neutral third party. I am worried that I might unknowingly choose an atheist therapist that is hostile to Christianity. I am hoping a local San Diego resident will read my post and give me a name of a licensed professional who would be sympathetic to the plight of heartbroken Catholic parents. Our disagreements are mainly on the non-negotiable political issues. My only visit of my life to California was last year, a few months after the election. I had no idea she was so angry at me for voting for Donald Trump. We were so excited to see her. I am 54. I had never been to California in my life. It was a dream vacation that it ended in heartbreak. I can’t bear to lose my daughter. Catholic Answers readers and listeners: PLEASE PRAY FOR MY DAUGHTER TO SOFTEN HER HEART. And if you are local to San Diego, please reply if you can provide me with the name of a competent Christian licensed therapist that could foster an environment that can bring healing and open her heart to Christ.
 
Call your Chancery, they have a list of solid physicians and therapists.
 
Last edited:
Great idea. I’m in the San Diego diocese, but I don’t know personally any resources for the OP.
 
Thank you. I did call San Diego Catholic Charities. They instructed me to wait until I arrive in san diego then set an appointment. I need sonething more well planned and scheduled than that approach. Especially since i can only stay in San Diego 3 days. I will take your advice and call the diocese.
 
That’s not the chancery. The Chancery is the Archdiocesan offices. They well know what parishes are in each meighborhood and the personality of the pastor and priests there.
 
Ok thank you I will definitely call the Diocese of San Diego:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top