Searching Specific quote on evil

• Thread starter Thread starter Abbadon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abbadon

I can’t seem to find this quote. It goes roughly along the lines of god creates people that are destined to do bad things. Or destined for hell. Maybe it’s destined for he…, i can’t seem to search it well. The general jist is that some people are created that are born doomed…

The quote I’m looking for is not Isaiah 45:7, 2 Kings 6:33 nor Amos 3:6…

I think it is one of these

Proverbs 16:4
The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

John 12:40
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Romans 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned.

Most likely Proverbs 16:4… But the wording is off so i’m looking at other translations… If someone knows of a more fitting quote of what i seek please do post.

Habakkuk seems to have some verses that fit.
Hab 1:6 "For behold, I am raising up the Chaldeans, That fierce and impetuous people Who march throughout the earth To seize dwelling places which are not theirs.
Hab 1:12 Are You not from everlasting, O LORD, my God, my Holy One? We will not die. You, O LORD, have appointed them to judge; And You, O Rock, have established them to correct.
Hab 1:13 Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You can not look on wickedness with favor. Why do You look with favor On those who deal treacherously? Why are You silent when the wicked swallow up Those more righteous than they?

In a similar vein regarding the enemies of Israel in battle…**

Joshua 11:20**

Douay-Rheims:

For it was the sentence of the Lord, that their hearts should be hardened, and they should fight against Israel, and fall, and should not deserve any clemency, and should be destroyed as the Lord had commanded Moses.

NAB:

For it was the design of the LORD to encourage them to wage war against Israel, that they might be doomed to destruction and thus receive no mercy, but be exterminated, as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back