Second Annulment

  • Thread starter Thread starter jreinert
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jreinert

Guest
I was married in the Catholic Church in 1982 and the marriage ended after 2 years and was annulled by the Church. I remarried in the Church, and now that marriage has come to an end. I am interested in hearing from anyone who received a second annulment after two Catholic marriages. No preaching, please. Thanks.
 
I was married in the Catholic Church in 1982 and the marriage ended after 2 years and was annulled by the Church. I remarried in the Church, and now that marriage has come to an end. I am interested in hearing from anyone who received a second annulment after two Catholic marriages. No preaching, please. Thanks.
Your marriage would be investigated and declared null if it was not valid. Nullity has nothing to do with the fact that it is the first or fifth wedding ceremony. What the Church has done in the past was to look at the patterns in the history of the person that entered the invalid marriages and later such patterns were considered as an impediment to any further marriage. Bottom line: you might get a second annulment but not be allowed to get married any longer.

I see that you brought up the same question four years ago. Did you make time talk to a priest in the mean time?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top