X
xyneshia
Guest
I guess I would like some advice. I work in a call center. When you call an 800 number and hear a distant voice on the other end–there is a chance that voice is mine. I take 80 calls a day. I talk to about 80 or so total strangers every day.
Almost everyone I talk to destroys me a little. All day long people cuss at me, call me dirty words, scream at me, threaten to harm me or my children. (btw I do not collect money). Even while I give in to their every request, bend over backwards, bending and breaking policy to accomidate their requests–just constantly treating me like garbage.
As a Christian, I try to see Jesus in everyone. I try to see us with the same eyes God see’s us with. I feel like I cannot do this anymore. I see anger, hurt, and hate, coupled with ungratefullness, self pity and foul language.
I don’t see myself as a victom, I am sure that there are plenty of people in my position. What bothers me is that I can’t see Jesus in these people. I see people as bad…I want to see them as sacred creations made in the image and likeness of God, which is what they are.
Any advice to help me “see straight” again? I have fallen a long ways to feel the way I do and need some advice to get back on my feet, to be the holy woman God wants me to be.
Almost everyone I talk to destroys me a little. All day long people cuss at me, call me dirty words, scream at me, threaten to harm me or my children. (btw I do not collect money). Even while I give in to their every request, bend over backwards, bending and breaking policy to accomidate their requests–just constantly treating me like garbage.
As a Christian, I try to see Jesus in everyone. I try to see us with the same eyes God see’s us with. I feel like I cannot do this anymore. I see anger, hurt, and hate, coupled with ungratefullness, self pity and foul language.
I don’t see myself as a victom, I am sure that there are plenty of people in my position. What bothers me is that I can’t see Jesus in these people. I see people as bad…I want to see them as sacred creations made in the image and likeness of God, which is what they are.
Any advice to help me “see straight” again? I have fallen a long ways to feel the way I do and need some advice to get back on my feet, to be the holy woman God wants me to be.