B
Benjinho
Guest
Humor is good, characters are mostly funny and likeableā¦the nudity couldāve been censored and I would still have read it.Why would you want to read a comic that has nudity in it?![]()
Humor is good, characters are mostly funny and likeableā¦the nudity couldāve been censored and I would still have read it.Why would you want to read a comic that has nudity in it?![]()
I am genuinely interested to know when you think nudity in art is ok and when you think itās not ok.Nope. The āitās artā excuse does not work.
This is all fine, and I doubt anyone would disagree. But youāre taking a very general rule and applying it (again, simply by fiat, invoking some sort of special authority) to this specific instance without justifying whether its applicable. We donāt know whether the nudity in this comic is intended to be pornographic, or if itās more along the lines of what you call āclassical nudity.āThere is sacred art and classical art. In both categories, intent must be the first thing. Ancient statues are historical references, for example. Old masters of sacred art would convey a purpose for any nudity. Today, and for the last 50 years, there has been a marked downward trend in respecting women in particular. Beauty and dignity go together. When a woman is selected to show herself with very little clothing or no clothing, Catholics need to exercise appropriate discretion. Pornographers are the worst offenders. To have oneās view of women changed from one of respect to one of, āHey, itās OKā [to see nude or very scantily clothed women] is not valid. There are lines that cannot be crossed. Human dignity begins with human decency.
I would say, objectively speaking, it was intended as an eye catcher, but I didnāt really see it that way or even enjoy it/stare at it.The question becomes, was the nudity used as an element of art to enhance the story or was it used as an eye-catcher? We see this in many movies where the nudity is not needed but used just to gain an audience