W
Wozza
Guest
What if it’s not an excuse but a fact?3Nope. The “it’s art” excuse does not work.
What if it’s not an excuse but a fact?3Nope. The “it’s art” excuse does not work.
Thanks for those thoughts. Now back to the question I asked. What if the phrase ‘it’s art’ is not an excuse but a fact?Having spent some years at University and in private life and at work dealing with artists, only one thing is clear: people do decide to draw certain things. Nudity is right out.
Actually, it’s impossible for the fraction to approach either one because, like I said, both are infinite. So my point stands.It is possible the fraction approaches infinity (numerator “wins” out), approaches 0 (the denominator “wins” out), or approaches some constant between 0 and infinity.
I was in a gallery yesterday and there was a beautiful painting (might have been van den Burgh) of Mary feeding Jesus.Very much with the hair splitting. There are no grey areas. To say there are is to assume no standards exist. I would never buy a painting of a woman breastfeeding. It would be boring and common.
What is or isn’t art is subjective so it isn’t possible for it to be a fact.but a fact?
I would strongly advise against asking “Is this a sin?” questions of any kind on this forum. Please talk about this with a trusted priest.Is it a mortal sin to have read this multiple times, knowing full well there is nudity? Thanks for your help.
I agree. But I’m trying to decipher what Ed considers art. So we know when nudity is acceptable.Wozza:![]()
What is or isn’t art is subjective so it isn’t possible for it to be a fact.but a fact?
So if the artist says that his painting represents the mother and child (perhaps in a modern setting) then it’s ok. But if he doesn’t say that, then you’ll have to hold your decision until you find out.Sacred art is different from common art.
Is that Picasso boring and common do you think?I have a reproduction of a Picasso painting of a woman breastfeeding. My mom has the same one at her house. She was one of the first IBCLCs, so breastfeeding is kind of a thing in our family.